Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: citanul cleaning bbv/b4l discussion/rants

[ QUOTE ]
all my friends getting banned for being too real, this place sucks.

also unban mason55 youre taking this too seriously jesus christ.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf, when did mason55 get banned? it's getting hard to keep up
Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 PM

he got banned four days ago.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:43 PM

You know, citanul, if you keep this up the only posts left in BBV will be poker brags, beats, and variance.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:43 PM

I geuss BBV really is serious biz now
Old 02-22-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I geuss BBV really is serious biz now

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is, otherwise people wouldn't be getting their panties in a bunch about the bannings.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense citanul, and I may be out of place in doing this but I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyway.
First of all I just want to say that I don't agree with this "takeover" of BBV. I understand your wanting to clean it up but the thing is thats what makes BBV so great. No one in BBV is genuinly racist and everything is in good fun. I think Gildwulf is a great mod who knows when the line is crossed and takes action in these situations. I have yet to see genuine hate in BBV and until I do I feel that you do not need to intervene. BBV is a place for people to speak their mind unfeigned and I dont want that to end.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the problem with this is you can't be 'fake' racist as an in joke on a public forum with tons of advertising dollars without running the risk of nobody understanding that.

also, purposefully trying to break a mod is dumb and results in bans.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No offense citanul, and I may be out of place in doing this but I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyway.
First of all I just want to say that I don't agree with this "takeover" of BBV. I understand your wanting to clean it up but the thing is thats what makes BBV so great. No one in BBV is genuinly racist and everything is in good fun. I think Gildwulf is a great mod who knows when the line is crossed and takes action in these situations. I have yet to see genuine hate in BBV and until I do I feel that you do not need to intervene. BBV is a place for people to speak their mind unfeigned and I dont want that to end.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the problem with this is you can't be 'fake' racist as an in joke on a public forum with tons of advertising dollars without running the risk of nobody understanding that.

[/ QUOTE ]

have any advertisers complained?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok.. arent there advertisments in sklanskys forum where he poses questions about gay showers... Also I didn't try to break him I have nothing against him, I just want BBV to go back to how it was.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Its amazing how stupid and out of hand this is. I'd say a majority of us come here to read the crazy / entertaining threads.

Reading about a 2 outer river beat is boring. Its been done. Blah.

Reading about a 2 outer beat with death threats and comments on the sexuality, race and hygiene of the villain can be quite entertaining. Not to mention all the non-poker related stuff that gets posted here.

If this place was as sanitized and "PC" as citanul and crew now seem to want it, page views and posts will drop 80+%. 2+2 will lose reader base and revenue from advertising.

Here's a non-stupid solution to this "problem":

Post a header to BBV / BBV4LIFE with a disclaimer.

"The posts in this forum are the statements and opinions of the individual writers. They do not represent the opinions or statements of 2+2 Inc.

Some posts may contain graphic language and images. If this offends you, go somewhere else." Link "go somewhere else" to disney.com. Problem solved.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

have any advertisers complained?

[/ QUOTE ]

right, clearly, we should all go back to being fake racists until they do, brilliant strategy

or, you can decide to post as if you were > 12

edit: believe it or not this can, in fact, be done without the words 'die in a fire' or 'black man' anywhere in the post (in fact I have 10K posts using this exact strategy)
Closed Thread