Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: i\'m playing too passively against chip leader?

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good example of way you need a post flop plan before your initial raise. Were you just hoping to hit the flop then see what happens? If you are not prepared to follow through with a continuation bet in this situation because of the opponent, then you are better off folding pre flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point i was c- betting most flops it was j 10 that backed me off bc there is NO hi card hand going anywhere. i think plans have to be flexible even 89 isnt folding here.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im 2nd in chips in tourn this only guy who can hurt me. i think that made preflop a fold yes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Big stack in the big blind = more likely to call. You mentioned he was aggro, another argument against stealing.
[ QUOTE ]
now this draw board . i made up my mind to just give up and pick a better spot. comments? villain pretty aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is good.
[ QUOTE ]
top 36 get paid. we may have between 30 and 45 players left here. $8 360 max

[/ QUOTE ]

If 36 are paid, there is a big difference between 30 and 45 left and it is important to know if you are still on the bubble or not.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 PM

I'm ok with the hand all around, we have 46 bb's, we can't just sit out every hand the big stack has yet to act. That flop texture is as ugly as they come, and you're right, 2 high cards aren't going anywhere. The turn gives us no opportunity to fire, shut down is fine. Perhaps a 2.5x open would be more accomodating to this spot.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:37 PM

It's fine as played. The board is pretty dangerous for a C-bet (which might work to our advantage...if he missed 2) but with your stack and the murky situation...your line is the prudent one.

As others stated, the mistake here is preflop. I don't like getting into it with the big stack without good cards and/or a good read.