Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

I still struggle with AK OOP when facing a 3bet. Against an unknown at say 10NL/25NL I think I'm apt to fold OOP agaisnt a 3-bet because most of there 3-betting range is very tight. Is this too weak? How bad is taking a flop OOP with AK?

<font color="blue"> I think in more aggro games you can shove here a lot PF. If you feel that the villain is a. capable of folding say a QQ, JJ b. Is 3 betting a wide range, then a shove is good. If you feel he is 3 betting with a wider range, then shoving is good. IF he is a tightwad then folding might be tight but ok. </font>

<font color="red">I 4bet or fold and never call. This is totally opponent specific, but never call.</font>

I also suck at playing middle pair OOP in unraised pots. I seem to get myself in trouble when I start check calling because the other person never seems to shut-down. Do you guys tend to lead MP on a drawy board? What about dry ones?

<font color="red">Well if he is not shutting down, just fold because your mid pair is no good? c/c flop and c/f turn is totally fine
Old 10-24-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if this is the spot or wut...

have the well threads been banned or has there just been no interest from good players to do them??? if that is the case would one of a few of u mods pull some strings and get one or 2 sick players to host a well in unl?!?!!?

<font color="blue">Most good players have done one already. Any suggestions ill ask. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]hmmmm let me think about it for a night or so and i will brainstorm 3 or 4 names that i would love to have in the well
Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 PM

What is a well thread?

<font color="blue">Similar to this in that posters can ask questions regarding poker and life to a single poster. </font>
Old 10-24-2007, 09:18 PM

Do you mods get paid for being mods?
If so, how much? I would imagine that it would take up quite a bit of your time.

Apologies if this is too personal.

Ta.
<font color="blue">We are volunteers and unpaid </font>

<font color="red">LOL emc you're funny. We get $3k per hour and I'm currently pushing for a payrise.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:30 PM

what is won$wsf%?

also, where can i find a comprehensive guide (other than pokeys post) on how to fully utilize pt?

<font color="blue">
W$WSF is won money percent when seeing flop
IDK of any other guides, pokeys rules. </font>

<font color="red">Pokeytracker baby. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...SESSID=</font>
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 PM

also, what is this "yeti theorem" i keep hearing about

<font color="blue">I believe its a partial BS theory that when a villain 3 bets a flop he has air </font>
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 PM

How can I learn to hand read?

<font color="blue">by not asking stupid questions that have no answer like this </font>

<font color="orange"> practice putting people on hands when you play. this usually involves cutting down the tables. try to really feel what your opponents have and what their ranges are. </font>

<font color="green">Another suggestion: Go to some old sessions in PT, ones you don't remember anymore. Replay them one at a time putting people on hands as you go. Including the hands you aren't involved in. </font>
Old 10-24-2007, 10:38 PM

1. Clayton's recent FGators post really made me realise just what an enormous FGators I am. So how do I stop being FG? Is it the obvious post-flop stuff: thinner/better vb'ing, well-timed double barrels, well-timed flop check-raises, well-timed 3b's, floating better. Are these the main tools we have post-flop to get the right risk-reward ratio that Clayton was talking about?

<font color="green">That's alot of it. Easier said then done of course. Include in your postflop list, not auto-CB'ing, checking the goods sometimes, stack-a-donking. Basically not playing your hand face up all the time using the same lines over and over again. </font>

2. Related, (and maybe I am reading this wrong) Clayton seems to be saying that playing a really dull, nitty TAG game (hammering sets and premiums, folding to aggression a lot, playing the odd sneaky hand, standard positional/blind stealing, infrequent light 3b'ing etc.) is almost by definition break-even at uNL/SSNL. Without adding something more to your post-flop game, you are FGators. Is that a fair reading?

<font color="green">He's talking more about playing your own hand face up all the time and playing only the value of your own hand and taking the same lines over and over again. One-shot CB's. No set, no bet. You can do fine if you ABC it up. But, a little bit of spice in the game helps the winrate go up. </font>

3. In the Brew earlier we were discussing a point someone had made that in a full day at 50NL he had only been raised 7 times. That makes me think very seriously that tomorrow, if I fold every time I am raised, it cannot be losing me an enormous amount of EV. Comments?

<font color="green">As long as your not folding good hands...and KK to a 3b for 100 bb's </font> [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<font color="red">PLaying back at aggression is hugely -ev in my experience.</font>

4. Did any of you see the recent BBV post by a 1/2NL player who played I think 100k+ hands at 10ptbb/100 playing 20/10/2? Can anyone tell me what this guy's game looks like? TAGfish are the bane of my bloody life.
<font color="blue">Goofyballer. Actually he is tighter </font>

<font color="green">It's passivish. And lets other people do the betting for you which is great the higher the stakes you play, where players are betting alot more freely. It's not traditional 2p2 play and most can't wrap their heads around it though and I wouldn't know the first step in playing that way. </font>

Thanks. I love Get your N00b Out.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:40 PM

Clayton's gator $'s post
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...93#Post12450887
Old 10-24-2007, 10:43 PM

Who is hotter - DN or Phil Hellmuth?

<font color="blue">Enjoy your vacation. Dont test us </font>
Closed Thread