Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Anybody like?

Stars 1/2 game

Villan seems like a standard tag, seem him in the game before but haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary , probably a 2p2er. My brother who is a lower limit player didn't like the way I played my hand so I thought I would post it.

PokerStars 100/200 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 01-13-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Anybody like?

hate every street but preflop.

Flop: you need to check-raise here to be able to rep a decent hand and possibly move him off a middle pair or weak ten on a later street.

Turn: Need to donk given how the hand was played, or possible c/r. Given the flop play, the turn is moredifficult to play.

River: You also can't even fold two pair in an aggro short handed game. You shouldn't be jamming here. Hero is likely raising the river with nothing or a hand that has you killed. he isn't folding a better 2 pair or calling with any one pair hand.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:22 PM

It doesn't really sound like you play these games at all.

OP:I would probably play it the same way, although against a small number of opponents the river is not a 3bet.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: you need to check-raise here to be able to rep a decent hand and possibly move him off a middle pair or weak ten on a later street.

Turn: Need to donk given how the hand was played, or possible c/r. Given the flop play, the turn is moredifficult to play.

River: You also can't even fold two pair in an aggro short handed game. You shouldn't be jamming here. Hero is likely raising the river with nothing or a hand that has you killed. he isn't folding a better 2 pair or calling with any one pair hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean no one is folding a 'weak ten' (what's a weak ten). And the dude is always calling hands he was raising for value on the river regardless of how many pairs they are.

james
Old 01-14-2007, 12:01 AM

Preflop is standard obv.

I would probably play the flop the same way against most opponents and c/r a few of them

I don't object to the turn, but i would also donk here sometimes

River you need to donk, i think the 3 bet is fine is he pays off with one pair withmost do here, and yeah you need to fold to the 4.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:25 AM

moneyshot - your post is terrible, sorry.

tmfs you played this fine.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:07 AM

Vnh. River 3 bet pretty easy against most standard tags since your line often looks like you are value betting a weak pair in hopes of getting called down light with value added chance of a bluff raise, so I'd expect him to value raise river (and almost always pay off) with a great many one pair hands.

River fold very easy.

*I feel silly posting this since it's so obvious but whatevs.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:39 AM

Actually if the villian is really good you need to call 4-bet because your river bet/3-bet obv means you got 2nd pair with that 6 so he can think you can fold it to cap sometimes so he can cap just for value
Old 01-14-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually if the villian is really good you need to call 4-bet because your river bet/3-bet obv means you got 2nd pair with that 6 so he can think you can fold it to cap sometimes so he can cap just for value

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but villain has to know that no one ever folds one pair, much less two.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst advice ive heard in a long time.

-Brad