Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Bodog Collections

Bodog claims that my Uncle owes them $200. However what really happened is that my Uncle made a purchase of $200 through ACH. The payment processor which Bodog used shut down the night which my Uncle made this purchase due to U.S. legislation. As a result the money was never transferred from his bank account.

He got a letter the other day from a debt agency demanding payment. This creditor has a lot of balls as this is illegal and extortion on their part. As a result my Uncle filed a complaint with the attorney general and the Federal Trade Commission.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Bodog Collections

So let me get this straight. "Uncle" uses ACH to transfer $200 to his bodog account. ACH processor goes down and never collects the $200, but his bodog account was credited $200. Since the processor never collected and bodog fronted him the money, bodog claims your "uncle" owes them $200? Yeah, what a rip... Here's an idea: use the $200 that was never taken out of your bank account to pay bodog their money.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So let me get this straight. "Uncle" uses ACH to transfer $200 to his bodog account. ACH processor goes down and never collects the $200, but his bodog account was credited $200. Since the processor never collected and bodog fronted him the money, bodog claims your "uncle" owes them $200? Yeah, what a rip... Here's an idea: use the $200 that was never taken out of your bank account to pay bodog their money.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-22-2007, 11:25 AM

Do you really want to be a scumbag deadbeat over $200? It is $200 for [censored] sake. You owe the money so just give it to them.

When people complain about payment processors being useless it is because of people like you.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM

I think its funny that a company is actually willing to pursue this. There is some serious legal reprecussions this credit bureau can endure.

Whether or not he should pay really isnt my concern. Frankly I was surprised when he told me about this letter.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 AM

Why wouldn't they pursue it? You owe them money.

Also that you confuse a collection agency with a credit bureau would imply to me that you are over estimating your legal position in the matter.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM

I believe the Costa Rican thugs collect debts of only $300 and up so you should be safe.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 PM

Did Bodog actually credit the money into your uncle's account? Did he gamble with it or is it just sitting there unused?

If Bodog actually put the money in your uncle's account and he gambled with it then he should pay them. But that's an ethical perspective and not a legal one. It's most unlikely that a U.S. court would agree that this is a valid debt.

I'm pretty shocked that a legitimate U.S. debt collection agency would take Bodog's business. Sounds like multiple federal felonies including the UIGEA and the Wire Act.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 PM

Happened to me with UB, they never came after me for it haha