Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/10)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classic from Safai. Asking Hellmuth if he jacked off while looking at a picture of himself, then had to take a shower when it got all over him. Wow. Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found this comment distasteful and out of line even if Safai really did just repeat what the others had said when Phil was away. But I'm not a Phil hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is poker not bridge!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was out of line. Just because they're at the poker table, he doesn't get free license to say anything he wants. In any other setting he'd be asking for an ass-kicking.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I'm hard to read because I talk when I have big hands")

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not TIVO this but I could have sworn the exact quote was something like "I'm hard to read because I talk when I have big hands too ". Can someone confirm the exact quote?

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I did a double-take at the quote I THINK I heard (above) because I thought that was the biggest tell he's ever let out (unless, of course, he's going third level). It just seemed very genuine and in my mind first instinct would have had him on a bluff at that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

"And I'm tough to read because I talk with my big hands too."

It was a disastrous thing to say.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:14 AM

I think Phil's biggest mistake was when he called Baxter on having exactly JT.

I think he called it the turn. There was no reason to call his hand like that. His table talk ruined him.

Well that, and he is a horrible tilt-monkey.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classic from Safai. Asking Hellmuth if he jacked off while looking at a picture of himself, then had to take a shower when it got all over him. Wow. Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found this comment distasteful and out of line even if Safai really did just repeat what the others had said when Phil was away. But I'm not a Phil hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Also not funny at all. Are you people in 4th grade?

Hellmuth's talk didn't help him any in that 27 hand but I think the other people at the table pointing out Phil's suspicious actions played a role as well and I was surprised Phil didn't go off on them all after the hand.

Mike totally talked his way right out of 30k with those quads. Very amateurish IMO.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His table talk ruined him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same goes for Matusow on the quads hand. Hellmuth was probably leaning towards a fold, but he certainly hadn't made up his mind. Then Mike opens his big mouth and says "I can tell you I don't have a full house, I don't have trips, and I don't have aces up!" That is one of the most clear-cut B&M tells that everyone knows. "Here are a bunch of hands I don't have, so please call me with a decent hand." It's 100% reliable that villain wants a call.

Like 10 seconds after that speech, Phil confidently turbomucked. Sucked, because I wanted to see PH lose another 30k.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His table talk ruined him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same goes for Matusow on the quads hand. Hellmuth was probably leaning towards a fold, but he certainly hadn't made up his mind. Then Mike opens his big mouth and says "I can tell you I don't have a full house, I don't have trips, and I don't have aces up!" That is one of the most clear-cut B&M tells that everyone knows. "Here are a bunch of hands I don't have, so please call me with a decent hand." It's 100% reliable that villain wants a call.

Like 10 seconds after that speech, Phil confidently turbomucked. Sucked, because I wanted to see PH lose another 30k.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO Mike saw Phil was about to fold and made a desperate attempt at changing Phil's mind. I think Phil was folding at least 80% of the time with 2 overs on board and Mike betting 12K on the flop.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:16 AM

They shouldn`t invite Phil Laack anymore to HSP. That guy played exactly one hand in Episode 3. Give that seat to someone who wants to play and not comment every single play and never be involved in a pot...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They shouldn`t invite Phil Laack anymore to HSP. That guy played exactly one hand in Episode 3. Give that seat to someone who wants to play and not comment every single play and never be involved in a pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize the show is edited, right? I mean, they play for like 8 hours. Have you ever thought that maybe Laak played a bunch of hands that weren't televised?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:35 AM

Definitely one of the better episodes, almost every hand was great
Old 09-11-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize the show is edited, right? I mean, they play for like 8 hours. Have you ever thought that maybe Laak played a bunch of hands that weren't televised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do realize that. Maybe he played a bunch of hands, who knows. But I also remember Matusow`s comment in that previous Episode where he said Laack never puts a chip in.