Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: $5 MTT,final table bubble

4500 is about to hit you but this isnt devastating, especially short handed, i would fold and put (shove) pressure on the two shorties when they get the blinds or if everyone folds to you when youre in sb i ususally push atc. If sb limps into you when youre the bb just push it in, atc. These two situations will happen alot at this point and they almost always fold, in my experience at least.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 AM

Raise/folding with your stack size is definetly the worst option. Id just prolly fold unless the table was uber tight, which is usually not the case at the $5 tournaments.

Hamnegger made and interesting point about limping in, because i realized that its true that when someone limps in and has a shortstack im always a little bit worried that the he is limping with a high pair.

ok so here is what i think: fold>>>limp>>>>>>shove& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>raise/fold
Old 12-02-2007, 03:10 AM

Limp pf utg if your table has been playing passive preflop. if your table has been playing aggressively, I would just muck KJs. Your position is extremely poor, and when you do get called, you're usually an underdog, even to Ax.

If the players have been extremely passive because its the final table bubble, then that can be a case for shoving.

Limping is probably best here than shoving.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:16 AM

My initial reaction was fold,but I like Ham's suggestion of limping for all the reasons he mentioned. I do think though that if the table is super uber tight you can push here