Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: SB defense?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the openers range

Against a button stealing range of 40% go with

All PP's A6s??(dunno if that's to high, you might could stand to go down to A5s or a4s) A8o+ K9s+ KT+ QJo and JTs

thats actually a 20% range or something close to it. Since your new to six max, and your Stealing opponents are likely to be tighter on average than most at the lower limits(i guess thats debatable) I would toss 55 in to your range, keep K9s, drop QTs for QJs and run with that. Get used to playing these hands OOP postflop against a Blind stealer, then as you get used to it, add a few hands if you feel like the Button is raising with a wider range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually playing 5max on hollywoodpoker and have very few hands in PT so far. I don't think you can datamine Ongame network. So for now almost all opponents are no reads. When I indicated QTs I meant QJs also. I'm somewhat reluctant to play pairs smaller than 55 against unknown raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one thing you need to know is that you really cant play "too tight" in the small blind becuz the cost of playing too tight in this situation is so minimal. So just stay in your confort zone and think about situations where it may be correct to open up your range or tighten your range. The hand range youve talked about looks fine to me Sparkman.

The times I would 3bet with a hand like 22-44's is when the BTN plays very straight forward postflop and the BB is on the tight side. The times I 3bet with a hand like QJo or 98s is when Im against a tag who plays fit or fold and the BB is also on the tight side.