Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 03:55 PM

Default PCA Step 5 - Easy Preflop decision with TT ...>>.????

ok - heres the drill

five left in a step 5. im in fourth place with approximately 1700 chips. blinds are 75/150. table has been reasonably active, most times raise gets the pot, if not its alwasy been the three bet takes it down. Big Joe at the table has been quiet, couple of other names playing relatively tight/str8 fwd on this pseudo bubble. CL is BigJoe with about 3500 chips. "Shortie" is UTG and has been relatively aggro but willing to fold to a repop fwiw - so i sense a bit of frustration there

IN any case, shortie shoves from UTG with 1100ish chips. Folds to you in bb with TT, you?

and just for the record, top 2 get step 6 ticket; 3-4 redo step 5 ($700) and 5-6 get Step 4 ($215 ticket)

I've been getting killed with mid pairs so i think my perspective is distorted - someone please set me straight here
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: PCA Step 5 - Easy Preflop decision with TT ...>>.????

Call. Shortie is at 7BB and is about to get hit by the blinds. You close the action, so no fear about someone else entering the pot. Seems like a simple call to me, especially since you're guaranteed a ticket to Step 4 (I know dropping back to step 4 isn't ideal).
Old 10-22-2007, 04:11 PM

super easy call, shorty wants to beat up on your blind since you have the most to lose, if you were behind results oriented
Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 PM

you have to call - i'm going to assume you did call and he sucked out, hence the post? the right decision is def to call, and that's all that matters
Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM

guys

of course i called and of course i lost a race but that really isnt the issue - this isnt a results oriented post but more of a icm kind of thing that im too lazy to model

i'm assuming villain is pusing with top 20% hands here which puts me on 60% equity. im assuming with the step payout structure this is a no brainer call, but would like to see if someone has modeled these to see how tight to play on the respective bubbles
Old 10-22-2007, 07:34 PM

It's a results oriented post.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a results oriented post.

[/ QUOTE ]

so maybe it is, but i do think theres an academic exercise here to do an icm analysis around the step payouts. im too lazy to model the 6 payout levels, but i did throw this into a tool i had for 5 payouts and 5 left. giving the right stack sizes and payouts of 2100/2100/700/700 and 215 for the five -

based on that it suggests hero needs a 65% prob of winning to make the call. still seems like an auto call for me, but icm does certainly suggest tighter play on a bubble which this is

again, sorry for taking your time on this, but i think there is something about this with the steps worth considering

i will - you dont have to