Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: My first post (not really). $11 NLTRN

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
please tell me what you are attempting to achieve by limping on the button with hands like jack 3 of suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF YOU READ MY POST YOU WOULD KNOW. Do not give useless responses to posts, especially ones attacking the content with nothing to back it up. How the hell can you ask what limping J3 achieves when there are two posts which explain it clearly and well? J3 is not the ideal example hand, but none the less it is clear that limping weak hands can be correct.

Do not tell me I am wrong when you cannot back it up and you know less than me about HU sitngos.

[/ QUOTE ]

REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDNT LIMP ON THE BUTTON IN A HU SIT AND GO WITH JACK 3 OFF SUIT.

1. if he raises out of the BB you will have to fold everytime.

2. if you flop a top pair with the jack and he leads out what do you do?

if you call and he pots it on the turn then river blah blah then how do you know where your at? are you raising if you hit any peice of the flop?

3. if you hit a 3 you cannot conitue in the hand.

4. at best your hoping he check folds to your stupid little min bet on the flop. where as if you raise pre flop your either make a cbet and take it down or, you can fold it pre flop.

5. the opponent in question is a nit.

6. i am not discussing this further as you are clearly much better than me because you make bold aggresive limps.

[/ QUOTE ]

FFS how dumb are you i didnt say you should always limp the button with J3o. and even though it should be easy to compile a massive list of when not to do it you still manage to come up with a crummy one. your idiocy tilts me. point 3 was especially dumb: since when do you need any of the flop to continue with your hand? hell sometimes its worth continuing with a small pair when you KNOW you are already behind beacuse of implied odds. good god. i dont mind people being wrong if they are looking to improve, and listen to advice they are given, but you think you know it all.

I gave reasons as to why SOMETIMES is is correct to limp WEAK hands. you counter with a list of reasons as to why USUALLY it is wrong to limp J3o. do you see why you suck?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:59 PM

also what waxhax said. i never recommended limping J3o (though for the record i would do it if villain was super passive and would call anything, rare but does happen), just weak hands (was more thinking 97o)
Old 11-24-2007, 07:01 PM

all i can see is that your a losing player @ sit and go's and im not.

/thread
Old 11-24-2007, 07:02 PM

. . . go sharkscope me on pacific (aka where i play)
Old 11-24-2007, 07:03 PM

also even if i had a -100% roi i do not think that would be especially relevant, as this is a theory point.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:13 AM

This horse might be dead, but i'll beat it anyway. After thinking it over, this is what I conclude. J3o. Obviously, we would raise if we think villian folds a lot, so we will assume he calls (and checks) a lot preflop.

There are four categories our opponent could be in. If he is loose-aggressive, we probably want to fold the hand preflop instead of going to war with it. If he is tight-aggressive, maybe we will mess around with a raise with this hand, but we don't want to just call and give him a chance to take the lead when we have such a weak hand. If he is tight-passive, we definitaly want to raise and throw in a c-bet on pretty much any flop.

The only opponent where limping might be good is a loose-passive opponent who will let us see the river cheap and will call our bets with his high card or bottom pair. And in this case we are only gonna bet if we hit our J or 3, hoping he has a high card when we hit a 3, or a lower pair when we hit a jack. This doesn't happen too often, but we may get to showdown for free after getting 3-1 preflop.

So I guess limping is ok against the worst (best) opponents, but this hand should generally be a raise or a fold (I'm not convinced it is so clear on the 56o hand). Hopefully someone who disagrees with the above can explain why.