Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: $20+1r+1a: Flop set v gboro and lordhuttyx

bet the flop ~ 1000... bet the turn now obv
Old 08-24-2007, 03:52 AM

I'm curious...how did the hand play out next? I guess there is some cliffhanger coming, because up until now it's pretty standard.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:30 AM

No, nothing outlandish happens but I think all four streets are kind of debatable. Pretty much all of my thoughts one way and other are mentioned. The only thing I think we can all agree on is that the turn is a bet but I think the sizing matters. Anyway, I'll give my thoughts when we're done.

[ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t75/t150
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t7260
UTG+1: t7855
MP1: t7480
Hero: t4775
MP3: t4095
CO: t6145
Button: t6365
SB: t3620
BB: t12175

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t400</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls t400 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t625)</font>, Button folds, SB calls t325 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1025)</font>, BB calls t250 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1350)</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t1600, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t1600, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 900, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t3400, 2 players)
Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2007, 06:06 AM

i like the flop check

i wudda bet more on the turn in an effort to look weak

now that you've bet 900 (which is fine) i think that he's calling the turn with draws and implied odds sometimes. so check and let him bet it busted.

the line 'check flop/bet 60% pot turn/push river' looks too strong to get a call from marginal hands so i don't think u get paid off very often by leading.

if you bet more on the turn then a river push looks more like 'omg 40% of my stack is in the middle already, i might as well chuck the rest in' and may be more likely to get a call from something like 99. Maybe
Old 08-24-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Any other takers for this line?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:14 PM

I like the way you played it.

It's not a scary flop board for you, and it gives everyone a chance to catch up or bluff. Especially good players are gonna wanna take a stab once it looks like you gave up. Honestly I'm surprised they didnt.

Turn bet is good.

River you have a pot bet left. I think you probably should push. It's strong, but I think anything less (like half your stack?) is really transparant against a good player. Might as well try to get value the times he calls.

I doubt he's calling river much no matter how much you bet both because anything small looks obvious and because he probably didn't get there or isn't confident enough. But I think if he's calling anything, he's calling a push.

Also (minor consideration) kinda looks like a bluff blah blah.

edit: do you think any of them know who you are? Or at least that you're a good player (or not a random donk [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]?