Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 11:36 PM

Default out of the game for a while, wtf happened?

I tried searching, but is it just me or does the search function here suck? I get like 10 posts from the same thread per page... I also tried looking through a few pages of threads.

Now... what exactly happened to online poker? Some sites are blocking U.S. sites?

Now my main question is, what's a good site for Americans to play at? Like which of the big ones still accept U.S. players? do any?

Thanks in advance for any answers. I realize that this has probably been answered several times. <3
Old 02-12-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: out of the game for a while, wtf happened?

[ QUOTE ]
Now... what exactly happened to online poker? Some sites are blocking U.S. sites?

Now my main question is, what's a good site for Americans to play at? Like which of the big ones still accept U.S. players? do any?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be the best post of all time.

By the way, i would recommend a site called partypoker.com (fish galore) and use neteller - don't let anyone sell you on some "other" payment processors - all a scam
Old 02-12-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This has to be the best post of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Likely
Old 02-12-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried searching, but is it just me or does the search function here suck? I get like 10 posts from the same thread per page... I also tried looking through a few pages of threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add "-re" without the quotes when doing a search to eliminate any replies.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some sites such as Party and others are blocking US customers. Neteller is no longer available to US customers and a lot of US funds are trapped with Neteller. ePassporte seems to be the most commonly accepted money transfer service.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars, Full Tilt & Bodog are the three biggest sites which accept US players. Here is a good list of which sites alllow US players and which do not.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:48 PM

I mean, i know I'm late and all. I heard about that anti-online gambling legislature a while back, but never thought or realized that it passed. But after playing a home game earlier this week I was both inspired to play online again and surprised to hear that some sites have banned U.S. players.

sorry for the stupid questions.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Add "-re" without the quotes when doing a search to eliminate any replies.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some sites such as Party and others are blocking US customers. Neteller is no longer available to US customers and a lot of US funds are trapped with Neteller. ePassporte seems to be the most commonly accepted money transfer service.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars, Full Tilt & Bodog are the three biggest sites which accept US players. Here is a good list of which sites alllow US players and which do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the info. <3
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 PM

I think I speak for all when I say "Some A-hole in Congress" tacked on an anti-online gambling bill to the Port Security Act. Typical pork-barrel type B.S. Anyway, no one in Congress was going to vote against $4 billion in port security, so it sailed through without a hitch.

But this bill (can't remember what it's called) makes it illegal for U.S. banks to fund and process payments for online gambling purposes. It is NOT illegal for us to gamble online, just for our banks to fund them. So because of this a lot of sites have backed out, the main being Party. Party Poker is publicly traded, so that's one of the main reasons they backed out of the U.S. I think. Among other reasons of course.

Anyway, your best bets are Stars, Full Tilt, Bodog, and Ultimate Bet. Some other various ones but these are your biggies.

By the way I know I butchered a lot of this like what the bill was exactly called and everything, but that is the jist of it for you. Hard as hell to fund accounts, read through some posts. Good luck my friend. =/

Lol, sorry guess I'm just a slow ass typer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks in advance for any answers. I realize that this has probably been answered several times. <3

[/ QUOTE ]