Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Sniper\'s Unofficial 2+2 Post Count Analysis - Mar \'07

[ QUOTE ]
Mebenhoe

I don't understand why this can't just be sbout TLDR? Why can't you just say nice to see TLDR doing so well congratulations to Diebitter and Katy. It doesn't have to be about EDF or this imaginary war you seem to fighting. OOT/ELD/TLDR are all doing wonderfully and have made 2p2 a better forum. How's sporting events doing, like this post that I notified but you apparently ignored, http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1, maybe your time would be better spent on that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-01-2007, 04:09 PM

Sniper,

Congratulations on increasing the number of posts in the Lounge. EDF is about quality, not quantity, so you won't be seeing things like daily TV guide listings being posted to increase traffic there. Instead the focus will remain on quality discussion and interesting topics.

The thing is, it's not a competition. If I were competing against other forums for traffic, I would create POG threads and other stuff to generate traffic. But I'm not. So I post threads like this one in OOT where it got over 100 responses, because that was the best place to post it.

It's amazing that you still just don't get it.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6. PF (#33) and MMB (#42) growth trend stopped dead in its tracks. These forums, at last report, are slated to merge in the upcoming upgrade, which will seal MMB's fate, if the merge actually occurs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sniper for mod please
Old 04-01-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper,

Congratulations on increasing the number of posts in the Lounge. EDF is about quality, not quantity, so you won't be seeing things like daily TV guide listings being posted to increase traffic there. Instead the focus will remain on quality discussion and interesting topics.

The thing is, it's not a competition. If I were competing against other forums for traffic, I would create POG threads and other stuff to generate traffic. But I'm not. So I post threads like this one in OOT where it got over 100 responses, because that was the best place to post it.

It's amazing that you still just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd also be interested to know if there's some way to track views versus just posts. For example, I read the El Diablo forum nearly every day, I just rarely post in it. (No reason to add clutter unless I have something really interesting to say). I'd be interested in knowing how many "hits" the various forums get on average.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mebenhoe

I don't understand why this can't just be sbout TLDR? Why can't you just say nice to see TLDR doing so well congratulations to Diebitter and Katy. It doesn't have to be about EDF or this imaginary war you seem to fighting. OOT/ELD/TLDR are all doing wonderfully and have made 2p2 a better forum. How's sporting events doing, like this post that I notified but you apparently ignored, http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1, maybe your time would be better spent on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where is this quoted from? The comparison between EDF and TLDR is made because of the comparison made in the quoted section of the post I made, learn to read.

As for sports, its doing wonderfully, both times polls have been run in ATF to see how the other topics forums were being run, sports got the highest ratings. As for the linked post, the situation with that poster was handled, I just didn't make a big production out of it. If you think that post needs to be deleted then you might be a little too sensitive to post on a message board.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mebenhoe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Alex, I think this post should be address to sniper, not mebenhoe. That post you linked is so unworthy of making a big deal out of it's hard to take what you're saying here seriously.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:42 PM

btw, to clarify things, i think the lounge gaining traffic is awesome. Good job to Carter, katey, and wookie. I simply dislike very slanted "analysis" and like to show the other side of the opinions that are being posted as though they are some sort of in-depth analysis. So good job all, I really like the direction you have taken with TLDR and think it and EDF should coexist well as similar forums with different audiences.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... and think it and EDF should coexist well as similar forums with different audiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree with this. Happy coexistence is the goal here, and some variety among the various community forums that 2+2 now house.

We are indeed de-stressing to a small degree the need for discussion only in the Lounge, and increasing the 'relaxing' part of the equation whilst trying to maintain a fairly adult and respectful tone. Katy has been very helpful and dynamic in all of this, and the forum has indeed hitting the mark, and getting where it intended to move to.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mebenhoe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Alex, I think this post should be address to sniper, not mebenhoe. That post you linked is so unworthy of making a big deal out of it's hard to take what you're saying here seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
To clarify, this is just censored's post from earlier in the thread with the words changed. I don't think the linked post is that big of a deal, and Meb told me he took care of that poster anyway. I just thought I'd point out that the side who constantly accuses db of trolling them are doing the same thing.

I have no idea what sniper has do with anything. His post seemed perfectly fine to me.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mebenhoe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
To clarify, this is just censored's post from earlier in the thread with the words changed. I don't think the linked post is that big of a deal, and Meb told me he took care of that poster anyway. I just thought I'd point out that the side who constantly accuses db of trolling them are doing the same thing.

I have no idea what sniper has do with anything. His post seemed perfectly fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) when you quote a post without actually using the quote function in a 400 post thread it is pretty hard to know what the hell you're talking about. It's even harder when you change the words.

2) You seemed to be criticizing mebenhoe for making it a "competition" between edf and tldr. He simply quoted sniper's post in which sniper ripped on diablo for not having more traffic in his forum. Again, since you made it really hard to know what you were talking about or who you were talking to, this may or may not be even vaguely similar to what your intentions were.