Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 PM

Default A7ss flops NFD + OESD...

No stats or reads, unfortunately. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP2. UTG+1 limps. MP1 limps. I overlimp. Button limps. SB completes. BB raises it up. Everybody calls except SB, who folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB c-bets. UTG+1 calls. MP1 calls. I see an OESD and a NFD with three limpers in front. I raise. Button folds. Unfortunately, BB 3bets and blows out the rest of the field. I call.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks and I take the free card.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets. I fold. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comments on all streets welcome! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: A7ss flops NFD + OESD...

its fine.

BB probably is a wuss and checked turn b/c he was afraid you had an 8. his KK is good.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:21 PM

While the check on the turn could mean that BB is on a draw himself, it's most of the time him being afraid of the top card pairing the board there. So even the pot laying you 11-1 odds on the river there, you simply can't call, all you beat are busted draws.

It may seem that you got a horrible result here, it looked so well on the flop. But betting and raising on the come is just that, you are playing with equity which is related to the huge size of the pot in that hand and that still means that our draws only come in a certain percentage of the time. But if the come in, boy do they pay...
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 PM

all of it is fine. he's never folding the turn, and the only thing you beat on the river is a strangely played broadway [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draw.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 PM

well played.. we can't always hit out big draws.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:14 AM

I cap the flop, but otherwise play it the same. And as it turns out you got your free card anyway.

EDIT to add: Didn't mean to make it sound like I was just capping for the free card. The cap is for value primarily, free card secondly.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cap the flop, but otherwise play it the same. And as it turns out you got your free card anyway.

EDIT to add: Didn't mean to make it sound like I was just capping for the free card. The cap is for value primarily, free card secondly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mhmm, do you really think there's that much value heads-up against the BB here? His raise, bet, 3-bet screams "I got an overpair!" Against that we are under 50%, so the value is not there, even if the pot is huge. Capping would be for the free turn card and not for value IMO. The free turn card really isn't that important as the pot is huge.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:28 AM

I really want to cap this flop as our equity is fairly close to 50%, and even a minimal chance that we get a free card makes this 4-bet +EV.

turn is expert!

river is std.

edited to add: the one overcard is >=1 outs too, which adds to our equity.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mhmm, do you really think there's that much value heads-up against the BB here? His raise, bet, 3-bet screams "I got an overpair!" Against that we are under 50%, so the value is not there, even if the pot is huge. Capping would be for the free turn card and not for value IMO. The free turn card really isn't that important as the pot is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're about 60/40 against KK or AK (not that he's likely to have AK after his 3bet), and that's giving him the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in both examples. We're 55/45 vs AA. Assuming that he didn't flop a straight, the only time we aren't ahead of him is when he's holding a set, and very few players are raising 88-55 preflop under these circumstances.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 PM

I am in the cap the flop camp. The rest is [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Kinda blows when your monster draw does not materialize, so GL next time, girl!