Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Why do I need a proxy to view this website?

This is totally weird I can't connect to twoplustwo or the forums normally but it's totally fine when I use a proxy. I'm at home using RCN cable internet. Any idea what could be causing this? It was working fine this morning I dunno mabye starting doing this around noon or so, everything other site I've tried is fine, can connect to pokerstars fine as well. Weird?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Why do I need a proxy to view this website?

when you say that you cannot access it - what type of error are you getting?

IP banned ftw?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Why do I need a proxy to view this website?

So its normal today but not until a few hours ago. I would just click on the homepage of twoplustwo and sometimes that would load like 1 or 2 out of 5 times and then the 1 or 2 times I got into the forums I would try to click on a subforum but it would try to load but just stay white or completely blank and say unable to load. When I tried it through a proxy I didn't have any of those problems at all. Now its working fine through my bookmarks without the proxy like I said I dunno.

The only thing I can think is that I uninstalled and reinstalled peerguardian software but thats only set to block peer to peer so I dunno why it would affect this site. The only other thing I can think of is I forgot to restart my pc after doing that uninstall/reinstall but I did today after I was having problem with one other website (only 2+2 and that one out of like 10 or so gave me a problem, the other one gave me a problem even with the proxy but I'm not sure I had the proxy settings optimized)