Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Best place to buy in florida?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanx. I was thinking of giving max 200 000$. I have been looking around on the web and heared that West Palm Beach is a nice place. Bboth north and south from that area also

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an expert in Florida reality... but I don't think West Palm beach for that price is feasable.

I could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you 55+? If not there is no reason for you to move to WPB on that budget.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:38 AM

I would think you can get a condo for 200K in most southern FL cities but it wont be on the beach, or across the Intercoastal for that matter. Also, you can definitely "go to the beach" in November but the water will prolly be pretty chilly (high 60s or low 70s) and wont warm up until April or so.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 AM

i grew up in palm beach county. a town called jupiter, just north of west palm. don't know what you are looking for, but it is a cool, laid back, boating community. it is where i would live if there was work there. i currently live in miami and i wouldn't suggest it to ANYONE.

back to palm beach county. i'd stay out of west palm. the waterfront is nice and you have famous palm beach right across the intercoastal. but that is about it. not sure what you like but anywhere north of north lake blvd is good living. but 200k may not get you much.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:02 PM

Finding anything in Florida that isn't in the middle of crime haven for 200K isn't real. The market is a BUYER's market right now as there is a ton of inventory and not that many buyers. Insurance on homes have come down considerably since last year. That 3% figure is a bit off Ray, it's less than that. Also keep in mind you'll have Homeowners Association dues in all neighborhoods built after 1992