Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Why doesn\'t Stars have an official thread?

Or Full Tilt?

Regardless of the original logic behind forcing all Wpex and selected other sites into one or more monthly threads, the result is nothing more than discrimination against these sites and the people who play there. Who wants to scroll through hundreds of posts in segregated threads?

Why is a bug in Stars software, or a fix in the cashier page, entitled to its own thread, when something similar at Wpex is buried deeply in one of the "monthly" threads?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Why doesn\'t Stars have an official thread?

WPEX had a problem with spammers creating about 10 posts a day with "Hey, I found this site with no rake!!one!"

Lately, FULL TILT has about the same amount of posts with "Hey, FTP IZ DOWN?!?!?!"

Although, I think the FT monthly thread is for FTP GEORGE, FTP PAUL, and FTP RINGO to explain what they haven't fixed yet.

I would welcome a monthly official STARS thread, if we could get the new Stars poker room manager (who ever that is?) to respond regularly.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WPEX had a problem with spammers creating about 10 posts a day with "Hey, I found this site with no rake!!one!"

Lately, FULL TILT has about the same amount of posts with "Hey, FTP IZ DOWN?!?!?!"

Although, I think the FT monthly thread is for FTP GEORGE, FTP PAUL, and FTP RINGO to explain what they haven't fixed yet.

I would welcome a monthly official STARS thread, if we could get the new Stars poker room manager (who ever that is?) to respond regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. The moderators insist on forcing ALL Wpex posts into an "official" thread. This completely defeats the purpose of a forum. I scroll through thread titles looking for things that interest me. I don't want to open one thread for each site and then sift through all the untitled replies to previous untitled replies.

If there's a problem with spam, just lock and delete it. Don't force all legitimate posts into a single thread, effectively burying them, in the name of fighting spam.

If Stars suddenly decides to give all players $1000 who log on today, that gets its own thread. Actually it would get dozens of them. Everybody on the forum would see it. If Wpex made the same announcement it would be buried in the "official" thread as a reply to a reply to a reply and hardly anyone would see it. That's patently unfair and an extreme disservice to the users of this forum.

I'm not just talking about the Wpex thread, but all "official" threads in general. They all suck, they're all useless, and they all defeat the purpose of a forum. It's like someone walking up to the water cooler and saying "anyone know who won the game last night?" and the hall monitor screams out, "How dare you! Go to the official last night's game water cooler!"
Old 05-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Exactly what cc0 said. WPEX DID used to have as many threads as it liked, just like every other poker room. Then too many dolts were continually starting new threads every day about the same thing over and over and over again. You don't see new threads all the time about how great FT or Stars are and how everyone should be playing there. That's what the WPEX threads were like. Unfortunately, as is so often the case, a few bad apples ruined it for the rest of you.

Edit: Just saw your reply, I'll post again.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. The moderators insist on forcing ALL Wpex posts into an "official" thread. This completely defeats the purpose of a forum. I scroll through thread titles looking for things that interest me. I don't want to open one thread for each site and then sift through all the untitled replies to previous untitled replies.

If there's a problem with spam, just lock and delete it. Don't force all legitimate posts into a single thread, effectively burying them, in the name of fighting spam.

If Stars suddenly decides to give all players $1000 who log on today, that gets its own thread. Actually it would get dozens of them. Everybody on the forum would see it. If Wpex made the same announcement it would be buried in the "official" thread as a reply to a reply to a reply and hardly anyone would see it. That's patently unfair and an extreme disservice to the users of this forum.

I'm not just talking about the Wpex thread, but all "official" threads in general. They all suck, they're all useless, and they all defeat the purpose of a forum. It's like someone walking up to the water cooler and saying "anyone know who won the game last night?" and the hall monitor screams out, "How dare you! Go to the official last night's game water cooler!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree to a certain extent, spam could be controlled without an official thread. When the official thread was started, I bet 90% of the WPEX threads were spam, so it was a decent idea at the time.

As to your suggestion that ALL official threads suck, I disagree. Unfortunately, people seem to be quite thick, and unable to grasp the simple concept of searching before they post for the 83rd time on the same subject. Most of the official threads on here for things like Neteller and ePassporte contain posts that are fairly closely related. Having them all in one thread clears the clutter in the forum AND makes it easier to find information. Of course, this is only true if most of the information in the thread is closely linked. If there are 20 widely varied topics in one thread, it becomes a nightmare to find anything, and they should have seperate threads.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:48 PM

You're missing the point.

WPEX had teams of employees creating new accounts everyday and spamming the forum. They get 1 thread now.

And do we really need 20 seperate threads a day about the latest screw up with epassporte support? If 10 people use epassporte a day, there will be 9 threads about an epassporte problem.

[ QUOTE ]
It's like someone walking up to the water cooler and saying "anyone know who won the game last night?"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's more like walking up to the water cooler and saying:
Anyone know who won the game last night?"
"Did you see American Idol?"
"I didn't watch the game I watched American Idol"
"American Idol? yeah, I watched it"
No, No, No, I was asking about the game!!
"Game? Was it on the same time as American Idol?"
"American Idol? was that on last night?"

Hence, why American Idol doesn't have it's own thread, it has it's own forum. I know this is unfair to all the other wonderful programs on the air, but hey, that's life.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:46 PM

You deal with spam by deleting it and banning the posters. You don't bury all legitimate posts about a site into a single thread because of it.

There are 33 posts in the current "official" Wpex thread. Every one of them has the same title:

WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: May. (#9 of 9.)

What if every thread on this forum had this title:

INTERNET GAMBLING FORUM: Official Monthly Thread: May (#1473 of 47384.)
Old 05-09-2007, 03:17 PM

That is a problem with this forum software. It defaults a title to your post with a RE: instead of forcing a new title to be entered. I hope the new forum software doesn't have this default "feature".
Old 05-09-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WPEX had teams of employees creating new accounts everyday and spamming the forum. They get 1 thread now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that's true because the WPEX GM asked posters on multiple occasions not to do that, and also welcomed the one thread.

All that spamming was from the couple hundred weak-tight rake-obsessed 2+2'ers (that's all that plays on the site) who desparately want more players on WPEX to play with.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that's true because the WPEX GM asked posters on multiple occasions not to do that, and also welcomed the one thread.

All that spamming was from the couple hundred weak-tight rake-obsessed 2+2'ers (that's all that plays on the site) who desparately want more players on WPEX to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]
More than likely true, but equally annoying. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]