Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: L@TB, Deep. I\'ve read too many poker books.

<marquee>hes repping the straight too. But I dont like it, this kind of opponent isnt raising your donkout with just a pair is he? I mean, online most players wouldnt.</marquee>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
&lt;marquee&gt;hes repping the straight too. But I dont like it, this kind of opponent isnt raising your donkout with just a pair is he? I mean, online most players wouldnt.&lt;/marquee&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that scrolling [censored] made me eyes burn
Old 03-30-2007, 11:07 AM

I want to be a mod now
Old 03-30-2007, 11:30 AM

I don't think this is that bad, if he doesn't have a set he is going to have to make a very thin call. Worst part about it is probably your image, though imo losing only 1/4 of your initial 10k doesn't seem like that big of a deal unless you sat down like 3 minutes ago.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:32 AM

I think this board hits a bunch of hands in his PF range.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:33 AM

I dont like this because i think a lot of his raising range here should be 2 pair plus, which i don't think he folds after he makes it 2300. I have trouble buying that this has a better expectation than folding.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 AM

don't like it because of exactly what the last 2 comments have hit on.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:22 PM

Depends if he thinks you suck, are mediocre, or good. If he thinks you suck he thinks you'll do this with QQ and not slowplay it, but he may also think you are dumb enough to do this with aces. If he thinks you are mediocre, he won't give you credit for a bluff as any part of your range, and will likely fold unless he flopped you dead. If he thinks you are good, he'll know you can have Q8s, t8, QT, J9, all the set hands, etc, and will think you can almost never have the hand you do due to the risk/reward fears that many would have here. I think basically he wont be putting you on a bluff/semibluff almost regardless of his hand, and you didn't leave him any room to rebluff, which is very good. People say the risk/reward is bad, but good players are making plays at flops like this all the time since they so rarely hit you solidly enough to get to showdown. Total, stone dead air is a fair enough part of his range and I don't see T8 calling off the rest here for 4 buyins, so I am pretty sure what I'm trying to say is that I like it.

James
Old 03-30-2007, 03:33 PM

Okay, here is what I was thinking:

I am not repping "QQ and QQ only" as I would play AA and KK this fast there as well. In this particular hand, I actually liked my risk/reward ratio as, to my way of thinking at the time (good or bad), he's 6.5:1 against having flopped a set on me, and unless he has a set he can't call, therefore 4 out of 5 times (straight/top two or something) I scoop ~4k in the middle... so my risk/reward is actually better than 2:1, with my 6.5k left and well over half that in the middle already, while I still have enough chips to have huge folding equity provided he didn't actually hit a [censored] set on me.

He did, of course. He looked back at his cards to make sure he indeed had TT and isnta-called. We ran it twice, I hit my J on the river the second time, and we chopped. Good times.

Kirk
Old 03-30-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus [censored] christ wtf is the point of this response???

i cannot believe that out of all the sperm you were the fastest, truly mind boggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at it this way: maybe he will run over a guy that was on his way to rape the chick that would've gotten pregnant and gave birth to the next Hitler. There's a place for everyone in this world.

[ QUOTE ]
ps. kirk i kind of like this play...however it may not be succesful if your image is that of a desperado.

ps. did you mean arie or avo?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Arie, the two are pretty hard to confuse [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Avo was in the game too, btw. You should check out this Thursday's game, it was pretty wild.

Far as the hand, I see what you're saying but I really dont' think my image makes any difference. He isn't calling with less than at least top two regardless, so only way imo he can call is if he flopped huge, and the odds of that are heavily on my side.
That was my thought process during, anyway. But maybe I've been spoiled by people laying down KK pre-flop for me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kirk