Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcontact

Alright some of you may know me some may not thats irrelevant. The fact of the matter is ive been playing on pokerroom or a pokerroom skin for almost 2 years now, much of that time has been on the high stakes games 10-20 nl and highr and 50-100 fixed limit and higher. I contribute an insane amount of rake to that site (usually over 9k). Well back in te end of july i had my account frozen. I wake up one morning to log on my account it it wouldnt let me. I have been playing on pokespoker.com for some time now that they have offered a strong rake back deal. When my account was blocked i instantly emailed the OWNER of the site. This is the reply i got from him.Hi Tom,

Your account has been block by OnGame due to "collaborative" play with other players that breaches network rules. Unfortunately we do not personally handle game play security and have little authority over this area. We have requested more information from OnGame and will get back to you as soon as this becomes available.

Thanks,
Adam Rabie
adam@PokesPoker.com

I then emailed him back and got this in response.
Hi Tom,

Ongame records show that your account has been blocked for 'Collaborating with stedi06 and shevychase'. We have requested more information from them but that is all we know so far.

Thanks,
Adam

These are two players I didnt even know existed.

Hi Tom,

I'll try get as much info as i can for you. The network hasn't really given me much detial yet.

I'll get back to you as soon as the info becomes available,

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Tom,

Haven't heard anything yet. I wish i had more control over this but its all out of my hands. I will let you know as soon as i can get some info from the network.

Thanks,
Adam

it was at this time i finally got an email from the security department.
The following ticket has been created by a member of our staff for you

Your question's details:

============== Title: ==============
Security

============== Message: ==============
Dear Tom,

As you are aware, there has been a block placed on your account which prevents
you from logging into the poker room. At this time your account and poker play
is being reviewed as part of a regular security routine. We will advise you
when any further changes to your account are made.
--
Regards,

Nancy
Full Contact Poker
support@fullcontactpoker.com
Phone: 1-877-797-3300
fax: 604-909-0100

I then told them my situation that i have no idea who these players are and their accusations are false.

On the 10th of August i recieved this email
Dear irishcurve86@hotmail.com,

This is an automated message to advise you that a technician has responded to
your question. You can view this response and track the progress of your
inquiry online at:

http://helpdesk.fullcontactpoker.com...;pass=43a138d8

You can also reply to this e-mail.

Ticket Ref : 4514-VLRM-9749
Ticket Subject : Security

Reply:
Hello,

I do not have the details of the investigation but, by the comments in your
email, it does seem that you have been provided with some information.
Please reply to the email that you received that asks about the names to
obtain more information.
--
Regards,

Nancy
Full Contact Poker

You can also reply to this e-mail.

Ticket Ref : 4514-VLRM-9749
Ticket Subject : Security

Reply:
Hello Tom,

We understand your frustration. We have already escalated this problem and
when there is new information someone will be in contact with you.
--
Regards,

Peter
Full Contact Poker

I was instructed to then tell them my relationship or lack of to those two players i was given names for. I replied promptly that i had no idea as to who these players are and that i play mostly heads up as their records could easil show.

Next came an email from the owner of the site who was very cooperative with me. Hey Tom,

I've sent another inquiry in and if i dont get anything useful back, i'm going to really push in defense of you.

Like i mentioned before, i dont really have any authority in the area because it is OnGame's network and we issue them full security rights, but they should be willing to explain things and provide more information. As of now, i know your funds are safe, so just be a little more patient and i'll dig harder for more info.

Thanks,
Adam

On the 25th I was then sent this email by him

Hi Tom,

Seems like we've got good news. Basically since the network wouldn't substantiate any of thier claims they have given me discretion over your account. I'm under the impression that they didn't have any real accusations to begin with and only brought these issues up because of your supposedly negative history with other sites on the network.

Since they dont have any issues with you and our site, i'm assuming you have been cooperative since you've been playing with us. Under the circumstances of your supposed history though, i'd just like a guarantee from you that you will continue to cooperate because i'm vouching for you in a sense.

Please continue to respect network rules and ethical game play to ensure the saftey and lonjevity of the network. If you guarantee this i will start working to get your account reopened on Monday.

Thanks,
Adam

Well now its wednesda the 30th and this is the response i get after questioning why it is still not open.
Hi Tom,

We're dealing with their management this week regarding security, money and other issues. Your issue is up there but they are very good at delaying things longer then they need to be. Please give me until Friday to get your situation straightened out.

I'll be in touch soon, most likely tomororw.

Thanks,
Adam

September 1st.
Hi Tom,

Just got done dealing with them for the day. They are on a weird time schedule. Anyways, we are currently dealing with them over several issues like i mentioned, one being the security issues and the other being the money they owe us which is somewhat interlinked.

I believe they have been purposefully delaying your issue so as to avoid payment to us for your winnings and they've used all sorts of excuses in the mix. Another problem is they seem to have confused you with an unrelated security issue with another player and mistakenly think you're involved with this. I've sent off an e-mail to the risk management department explaining that you are separate issue and hopefully i should hear back from them Tuesday and we'll get your account unbanned after the realization occurs. I was also given a three week payment schedule over which time the payments owed to us by the network for our players and the funds of our accused players will supposedly be released too.

Please give me a couple days more next week with this issue and trust me that i understand your frustration. I know this is taking longer than we'd both like but i'm confident things can be sorted out for you. You have been treated very unfairly throughout this issue IMO and i do hope to get you sorted asap.

I assure you i will be in touch as soon as i can progress things further for you and sincerely apologize for not meeting prior commitments, but am doing everything in power to progress the issue.

Thanks,
Adam

Sept 4th.
Hi Tom,

Unless they can prove you've done something wrong your funds are safe. They obviously can't prove you've done something, and this is why i am confident i can have your situation resolved shortly. Like i mentioned in the last e-mail, please give me a little longer to work this out and if they do not cooperate i will fully join your plight against them. I am confident they are just confused about your account now though, and they had given me discretion before, so this just needs a little sorting out and things will be fine. I just need to make the right people aware of what is happening and this will all be done over the next couple days. I'm not going to let this stay outstanding much longer and again am just asking for a little more patience.

I will get back to you tomorrow and will hopefully have excellent news as well.

Thanks,
Adam

The 6th
Hey Tom,

I left them a bunch of messages this week and haven't heard back regarding your issue. We are expecting some payments from the network over the next three weeks and if they send us your funds (which they haven't told us they are not) we will be able to pay you out regardless to whether or not they unban your account.

I am still working to get your account unbanned though, and its likely they are looking into it now and will get back to me any day now. I'm going to let them know that lawyers are about to get involved and i'll bet they'll quicken 'em up.

I dont think getting a lawyer is a bad idea but i wouldn't move forward with anything until at least i hear a new response from them on your account. Just because it would be irritating to hire somebody to only have them cooperate a day later. They haven't ignored me for full week since we've been in business, so i should get a response before the end of the week. Depending on what they say i will give you a go ahead with legal action or not.

Thanks,

The 7th
Hi Tom,

Haven't heard anything but have re inquired. I will let you know as soon as i do hear from them. I really hope they sort this out over the next couple days though and am doing the best i can from my end. Monday is a worthwhile wait though since i could easily see things being fully resolved before then. If we dont hear from them before Monday, then i think you have clear path of where to take this, unless you want to wait to see if they pay me for your funds regardless.

I will be in touch and my fingers are crossed for good news,
Adam

And finally the 10th

Hi Tom,

I have just heard back from them and unfortunately do not have entirely good news. They seem convinced that you have been colluding and adamantly stand by their accusations. They say the problem with their inability to produce the hand history is genuine and not an excuse. Personally, i have no idea what to believe but had gut feeling their story was originally fishy. As you'll see, I am forced to trust them and don't really see an incentive for them to try and cheat you.

The issue really comes down to this... You've agreed to our T&C which states the following:

=========================
Fraud, Money dumping and Collusion

Pokes Poker also has the right to hold any and all of a player's funds indefinitely if it is found that the player has been involved in fraudulent activity on Pokes Poker. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, and collusion.

"You may only use the Software in accordance with the rules posted on the Pokes Poker site, as may be modified from time to time. In cases where disputes arise between players, you agree that judgments of Pokes Poker are final, binding and conclusive in all matters. All taxes, duties and fees applicable in connection with any money or prizes awarded to a Player are the Player's sole responsibility. Violation of any Pokes Poker policy or rule may result in suspension or termination of the player's Pokes Poker account."

=========================

We, PokesPoker, have signed an agreement with the network stating that they are the final determinants of security breaches that occur within the confounds of the poker network and we must uphold their decisions. I was really hoping to get your account reinstated but under the circumstances i unfortunately cannot and don't have the authority. They have instructed me that your account is permanently banned with no chances for redemption.

I have asked the network about your funds and they say that i am able to release your total deposits, thereby, making you no better or worse off than when you started. We are not receiving rake for your time playing here, even though we've also endured expenses dealing with your account. This is a really unfortunate scenario but i am glad to at least give you back the money you started with.

To date your total deposits are $40,802.94 USD and total cleared withdrawals are $20,599.41 USD, leaving a total of $20,203.53 owed to you. I will have this money sent to you by Friday this week.

I am sincerely sorry on behalf of everyone involved for the frustration endured through this process, and I wish you luck on future experiences on another poker network.

--
Best wishes,
Adam

I was promised the deposited money back from the site, which doesnt do it for me. They owe me quite a bit of money and have yet to prove i did anything wrong. How can this be just taken lightly. I assure you that i in no way cheated and I know many peoples accounts have been frozen in the past month with false accusations and little information given. I also know that they have frozen all cashouts of any size for well over a month now, it seems to be all linked together. I am not sure how familar with this site all of you guys are, but i dont trust them the least bit and i encourage every one of you to do the same. Betonbet was one of the big skins linked with the site and suddenly one day last month it changed to being part of the prima network, many believe they knew something was going downhill with the ongame network and jumped ship before it all hit.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcon

I encourage everyone to spread the word about ongame netowkr, which includes (pokerroom, hollywood poker, bayou poker, betson poker, FULLCONTACT poker, and many others). Post on as many sites as you can and share it with all whom you know. Thank you
Old 09-11-2006, 11:15 AM

Ongame is a pile of [censored] and I would recommend that nobody plays there.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:15 AM

fwiw i know this guy, and its a really really fkd up situation. Pokerroom is scary... hopefully it works out man gl. I'm definitely not putting any $$ in until i hear some good, less scary news.

-durrrr
Old 09-11-2006, 11:23 AM

Obviously OnGame hired Prima's security department to do theirs as well. Glad I don't play on either network.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcontact

something similiar to me happened a little while ago. I emailed the site back and forth everyday for two weeks and got the same generic responses. finally I told them that I had contacted the gaming commision and my account was unsuspended almost immediately. now I no longer keep more then a few buy ins available at each site.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:52 AM

I am getting lawyer this week and making them take care of that, interest on the money, and i was also instructed for loss of wages because they have kept me "outa work" for over a month
Old 09-11-2006, 12:15 PM

man that seems more like you're playing on pokerspot than poker room
Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcontact

Your "friend", the site owner, should cover your money personally and take the risk with OnGame.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:59 PM

I assure u my problem is not isolated. I know many people who have been unable tocashout for well over a month and keep given [censored] repsonses. Many have been accused of similar things and im sure many will.