Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Where\'s Scottyy?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gabbyyy - not really.
I really will be considering getting a subscription to that site. Had never heard of it but Bigjoe's sample video really struck me as interesting and informative.

I want to look around on their site a bit more and see how many bigjoe videos they have though.

And I haven't gone to cardrunners yet and my understanding is that their SNG and NL stuff is pretty good so I might just only get a subscription to that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the premise of being aggressive when you have the lead short handed. BUT He went all and there was still a player with 4500 chips who could have called him and most likely won against 7-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all likelihood, assuming that player was at all decent, the range of hands he could correctly call with there is very small, probably even knowing Bigjoe's range was ATC.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gabbyyy - not really.
I really will be considering getting a subscription to that site. Had never heard of it but Bigjoe's sample video really struck me as interesting and informative.

I want to look around on their site a bit more and see how many bigjoe videos they have though.

And I haven't gone to cardrunners yet and my understanding is that their SNG and NL stuff is pretty good so I might just only get a subscription to that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the premise of being aggressive when you have the lead short handed. BUT He went all and there was still a player with 4500 chips who could have called him and most likely won against 7-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all likelihood, assuming that player was at all decent, the range of hands he could correctly call with there is very small.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but you are gambling on an unknown. The only thing known is if a player is tight or loose. I do see your point though. If he is tight and his range dictates he plays 10 percent of hands seen, I guess it would be profitable considering you have a 90 percent chance of getting him to fold.

Still though I hate risking my stack on unknowns.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 PM

1. he wasn't an unknown to BigJoe. He mentions in the video he had played with him before.

2. If he gets called by 10 percent or fewer he's still going to win probably 20 percent or more of the times he gets called. Winning the blinds is not the only way to win of course even though it is what he's clearly hoping for (or to just be heads-up with one of the small stacks with good pot-odds).

3. As he observed, losing to one of the small-stacks wasn't really that bad because that keeps the bubble situation in play for that much longer so he can continue to eat away at their stacks while they are trying to fold their way in for the most part.

There are some situations where you might have a huge stack, only need to call $10 more in the big-blind to an all-in push of $610, and might be better off folding to keep the bubble going that much longer.
I'm not good enough to know exactly when these situations exist and they are definitely debateable. But it's something to consider at least.

4. 'gambling on an unknown' is a pretty consistent theme in poker. There really aren't many 'sure-thing' opportunities to get to call an all-in with the absolute nuts.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 PM

lol at gabby's comments, when I'm in the poorhouse can I sleep on your couch at least?

I don't think anyone plays 10-14 of the highest buy in sngs continuous besides me. Obviously multitabling 12 tables is not impressive in and of itself.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still love the part where he goes all in with 7-2 with 3 people still to act.

If anyone follows this persons advice they will be in the poorhouse in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, wow you're dumb.

With out seeing this there is like an 90% chance he was a big stack on the bubble, and like 100% chance the push was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guys, you all know that Gabbbby has been banned four times for trolling?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:37 AM

Yea, he's had his fun and it was good to reminisce, but its ban time again folks.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone plays 10-14 of the highest buy in sngs continuous besides me. Obviously multitabling 12 tables is not impressive in and of itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, and I bet I have more vpps than you so far this month...
Old 05-19-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, he's had his fun and it was good to reminisce, but its ban time again folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worry about yourself small chap.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worry about yourself small chap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot....Kettle.....Black....you never fail to amaze me Gabbs.....telling someone to worry about themself, yet you are in this very thread telling someone they have a gambling problem and you are trying to argue mathematics, which we all know isn't your strong point.

On a positive, note, I see you've branched out to some of the other forums here.

Did I say how glad I was to see you back?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:14 PM

You're joking right?

http://www.jimgeary.com/ljstuff/2006/16cyllinders.jpg