Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Comments on WCOOP razz final table play

I thought some of the players adjusted to playing short handed. TS Long, who came in 2nd played nitty, tending to fold if he wasn't necessarily ahead based on the up cards.

Solody, who came in 3rd seemed like a calling station. He repeatedly called bets with pretty much hopeless hands. He had a big lead going into 3-handed, and should have played tight at that stage of a limit tournament to assure atleast 2nd place, and make it more difficult for anyone to overtake him.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Comments on WCOOP razz final table play

I've mostly built my stack short handed, Nabokov was the huge chipleader before the short handed play. I was catching good cards, running over the table and suddenly I stopped catching amazing cards. I was overconfident at this time, tired and pretty sick by 2 hands vs TS Long (I think) who was way too tight but called me down with unreal upcards just to river me when he was super short. I then didnt want them to bluff me (I knew Nabokov could have been bluffin when I called him a few times as he did earlier but I've picked the wrong spots) so I called way too much (was steaming I guess, very unusual for me but razz is a crazy game). I'm usually not a calling station and didnt play like that during 12 hours in this tour. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2006, 05:51 PM

Tough to analyze this stuff without all the context of playing in the whole thing yourself, that's for sure. I'm sure too that looking back there were some real blunders by almost everyone, that's part of poker.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:39 PM

No offense. I am sure you are a good player. It just seemed like you were making some hopeless calls, but it is easier to tell seeing the hole cards.

You seemed to be playing effectively aggressive as was Nabakov. I thought TS Long didn't adjust his play to be loose and aggressive enough for short handed.

I just thought it was interesting to discuss the play.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough to analyze this stuff without all the context of playing in the whole thing yourself, that's for sure. I'm sure too that looking back there were some real blunders by almost everyone, that's part of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

even for you?!?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2006, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even for you?!?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill is this sarcasm or not??