Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re: More WSOP Futures

Juanda is a much stronger donkament player than the person he is up against.

Also the comment about "Racing to get chips" thats how you play donkaments. You go out and take other people's chip away from them until there's no one left to take chips from. Raymer is a bad bad man and posts on the actual poker side of 2+2 well before he was playing badugi/TD for 200/400 and 5k+ buyins alot. He's just dirty and I personally rank him very high after what he's done the past 2 years. Number 1 and then going out in 26th on a bad beat when he would've have a massive stack and a small field. Nasty.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How are the last longers treating players going out on one of the first days or one of the second days? Does it go by level? Or is everyone eliminated on any of the Day1's at any time considered "equal" and make the bet a push?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually questioned customer service about this and am awaiting the response of a supervisor.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty good question.

Because if Moneymaker and Raymer play on different day 1's and both go out on the first day there still wouldn't be an official record (probably) of exactly what time on their given day they went out.

I think it should be a push in such situations even if Raymer goes out at 1pm on day 1a and Moneymaker goes out at 11pm on day 1b.

but I'm guessing they haven't even thought about it.

Also - a guy could make a big bet on the guy he's matched up with. If Moneymaker makes a big bet on Raymer to win their matchup then he can play super-fast on the first day.
If he accumulates a ton of chips, then GREAT, he's in good shape to make a serious run.
If his maniac chip-accumulation style fails then he's covered because he'll be pretty likely to win some money back with the bet he placed on Raymer.

Something like that anyway.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:20 PM

While I still haven't received the official word, perhaps the number of players one outlasts on his starting day could be used? I mean, there could be a problem if the days' starting fields vary much, but I can't really see a better method except possibly - as you mentioned - a simple timing. Anyway, it will be interesting to hear how the site intends to grade these.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I still haven't received the official word, perhaps the number of players one outlasts on his starting day could be used?

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that there might not be an accurate record of this, since they don't really need to keep super-close track of the exact order that the non-cashers exit. Plus, Harrah's has shown throughout their time in charge of the WSoP that they are incapable of running things smoothly, so I see no reason to believe we'd get accurate reporting.

I emailed Bodog the same question re: finishing position and am waiting to hear from them.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does MM have $10k to spend on a buy-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I doubt that either Moneymaker, Raymer, or Hachem are paying for even a part of their buy0ins.

I'm sure Poker Stars will be picking up their tabs. Do you think they all wear the Star logo because they like it?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does MM have $10k to spend on a buy-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I doubt that either Moneymaker, Raymer, or Hachem are paying for even a part of their buy0ins.

I'm sure Poker Stars will be picking up their tabs. Do you think they all wear the Star logo because they like it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!
Old 07-27-2006, 02:04 PM

At the 2004 WSOP, Greg was the next table over from me. At the first break he had something like $50k in chips.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:47 PM

Here's odds on how much the Day 1 chipleader will have, from bluesq.com:

Under 100k - 8-1
100-149k - 11-2
150-199k - 5-2
200-249k - 7-4
250k+ - 7-2
Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 PM

Here's the odds on how much the Day 2 leader will have, also from bluesq.com:

150k-199k 15/8
100k-149k 5/2
200k-249k 7/2
Under 100k 5/1
Over 250k 13/2
Old 07-29-2006, 03:18 PM

Bodog's clearly stats that at least one player must make the money or there is no action.