Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Happy Birthday TT!

Happy Birthday and off topic,who's the guy in your photo?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Happy Birthday TT!

[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday and off topic,who's the guy in your photo?

[/ QUOTE ]

O'Niel Longson. He is a player I both admire and kinda laugh about at the same time. He is perceived to be kinda fishy by the newish high-stakes players in full ring games but they usually have no clue that they are playing with one of the best HU players in other games formats at the Bellagio - IF he is awake, aware, and paying attention (O'Niel is old now after all, he is hard of hearing). His signature slump cracks me up because I know that will be me in 40 years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

O'Niel's tournament record is astounding, yet so few people have ever heard of him. 3 WSOP bracelets, 49 cashes, over 1 mil in winnings. But the real reason why he became my avatar is his astounding lowball abilities. You don't want to play this man HU in 2-7 Triple Draw, and he is a picture-perfect Razz player (came in 3rd at this years WSOP Razz event and also holds a bracelet in the 2005 Razz event).

Little side note - in 2006 I was playing the biggest game of my life at that time, 100/200 2-7/Badugi rotation at the WSOP. Almost everyone at the table was a famous name player and none of them feared me. When O'Niel sat down on my right I new it was time to call it a day. Whats funny is that when i tell this story to my high-limit friends who still play with him they all laugh because they welcome him in their games, perhaps its because they have never seen O'Niel in when he is focused - he doesn't make mistakes; they only see the old man who falls asleep at the table all the time.

In short my O'Niel avatar is both an inside joke and my admiration for him, I can only hope to have his ability and moxie when I am his age. O'Niel if your out there reading this - STAY FOCUSED (and awake)!