Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Scammed by Del Taco or a Coincidence?

Del Taco is where I go late at night for degenerate eating, because Taco Bell is usually closed by then. Anyways, the other day I go and pay for my bill of $11.68 with $21.68 (a twenty and a one).

The cashier hands me my food, but no change. I say "What's the deal, where's my change?" She says I gave her two fives and some change, which is already ridiculous because that would come out to $10.68 and not cover the bill. I explained this to her and she handed me the money with disdain. I drove off cursing her silently.

So last night, I stop by again at around the same time, and the same cashier is working. My bill comes out to $7.26 this time, and I pay with a twenty and 26 cents.

This time, she hands me $3, while counting it out $" 8, 9, $10" as if I had given her a $10 bill, and immediately closes the window. I sit there patiently holding the money, and when she hands me the food I ask her "how much change did you give me?" She gives me this fake smile and says "You gave me $10.26" I tell her "That's not the case, and I think we had this problem the other night." She doesn't even say a word and goes to the register to pay me $10 more.

Potential scam, or freaky coincidence? This type of thing doesn't seem to happen too often, but the fact that it's a very late night drive thru raises my suspicion of shadiness.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Scammed by Del Taco or a Coincidence?

Total coincidence, no way a fast food worker would try to scam some drunk dude in the middle of the night.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:15 PM

Scam. You should write the company with the clerk's name and dates. She's not doing the place any favors, and the quicker she stops the better it will be for everyone, including herself.

Obviously she needs a hard lesson, too, if she's so dumb she does it to the same guy twice, two days in a row.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:16 PM

She's a thief and you should alert the manager/owner.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Maybe she's illiterate/bad at math. Next time give her the correct amount of money and ask for your additional $10...
Old 04-15-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scam. You should write the company with the clerk's name and dates. She's not doing the place any favors, and the quicker she stops the better it will be for everyone, including herself.

Obviously she needs a hard lesson, too, if she's so dumb she does it to the same guy twice, two days in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a common scam that some employees will attempt especially at the drive up. I've had this same scam tried on me. Gave them a twenty and they gave me change like I gave them a ten. When I called them on it they gave me the correct change.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:24 PM

I just called and spoke with the manager. Apparently they have gotten several complaints about that specific cashier, so it seems likely she was trying to pull a scam. I do like the idea of giving correct change and asking for ten back, though, just to see if her reaction is any different.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Del Taco is where I go late at night for degenerate eating, because Taco Bell is usually closed by then. Anyways, the other day I go and pay for my bill of $11.68 with $21.68 (a twenty and a one).

The cashier hands me my food, but no change. I say "What's the deal, where's my change?" She says I gave her two fives and some change, which is already ridiculous because that would come out to $10.68 and not cover the bill. I explained this to her and she handed me the money with disdain. I drove off cursing her silently.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is when you ask for the manager and get ur 10 back.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM

del taco's chicken soft taco's are amazing