Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Calling down w/TP

First few orbits @ the table. I've been running cold so far so I havent played many pots. My image is prolly very good. My opponnet is a 60/10 fish. I don't have any reads other than stats

I'm dealt AdJd on the button and make it 2 to go. BB minraises me to 3.50 I call.

I call figuring his 3 bet could be a wide range of hands. His 3 bet pf doesn't really scare me as it could be his way of defending his blinds as well as represent a big hand. My hand range includes any A, QK, most pairs, KJ, KTs maybe

Pot (7.25) Flop 7s6hQh

My opponent bets 1.50 I call

Could be a standard c-bet, could be a value bet. I'm getting 5:1 on what could be the best hand, seems like a good time to peel and decide how to play the turn when it comes

Pot (10.25) Turn Ac

Could be the perfect card for me or its just trapped me for a lot.

BB bet 3, I call

Well the A gave me tp but I don't want to play a big pot. His $3 bet into this pot gives me 4:1 to call down. Raising sux b/c I don't want to get him to fold a weaker hand or give him the chance to push me off mine or cost me more $$ when behind. His hand range is AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KK, JJ, TT, flush draw, QK

Pot (16.25) River Ts

BB bets 10 I think for a while

So the flush draw didn't come which is good and he makes a significant bet which is bad. Smells like AT, 77, 66, AQ, AJ, AK, or a busted FD. I'm getting 2.5:1 on a call down here. Does anyone think I'm good often enough to make the call?

Results to come