FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Yes/No?
Yes 9 56.25%
No 2 12.50%
I'm an idiot for even asking 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: None of the above

? no... the point is you should have said all this stuff about him, and informed pretty much everyone on here about him... after explaining your case you could have said him and not close if that's your opinion..
Old 07-26-2007, 04:52 PM

My vote is Paul Gascoigne.

Ex Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio, Rangers, Boro and Everton Midfielder.

He could have been an absolutely incredible footballer but for ripping his knee apart whilst trying to disembowel an opposition player in a FA Cup Final (out for 18 months), snapping his knee in a night club fight (out for a year) and generally being a complete alcoholic throughout his career. He also managed to insult entire nations by burping at them in TV interviews. You now see him being out and about with ropey looking 'glamour' models looking gaunt and unhealthy and having some bastard step-daughter making a 'career' as such out of his surname. Very sad.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My vote is Paul Gascoigne.

Ex Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio, Rangers, Boro and Everton Midfielder.

He could have been an absolutely incredible footballer but for ripping his knee apart whilst trying to disembowel an opposition player in a FA Cup Final (out for 18 months), snapping his knee in a night club fight (out for a year) and generally being a complete alcoholic throughout his career. He also managed to insult entire nations by burping at them in TV interviews. You now see him being out and about with ropey looking 'glamour' models looking gaunt and unhealthy and having some bastard step-daughter making a 'career' as such out of his surname. Very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good post! I was really hoping to hear more stories of European and international players like this one.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 AM

Incidentally, this was Gascoigne when it was generally universally regarded that he was washed up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNThXSn1E0

The 'dentists chair' celebration you see at the end was in response to a newspaper scandal that broke a couple of weeks before where most of the England squad, allegedly instigated by Gascoigne, were absolutely hammered in a bar in Honk Kong (i think??), shirtless and rowdy, getting spirits poured down their necks by barstaff, and then ending up smashing a Cathay Pacific 747 up on the way home (true).

That is how I love my sports stars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 02:35 PM

If Michelle Wie doesn't straighten out her career soon, she will win the distinction of the greatest waste of talent.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:48 PM

LOL f.ck you for even including Bo Jackson in this poll. How did he "waste" his talent? Bo knows OP, hes the man.

I vote Lawrence Phillips, I thought hed be tight in the NFL, but hes just another resident in bustoville now.