Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Dr.Bob\'s 9/28-10/1 Selections

He's always maintained that he bets all his best bets, with each * being worth one unit. Who knows how much he bets per unit, could be like $11, lol. Strong opinions he doesn't play. His record is well documented, and he's been a consistent winner betting on cfb the last several years, although a couple of those years were nearly breakeven.

That being said, he's had a couple of brutal weeks in a row. I believe he was 0 - 3 last week with his best bets, losing like 8 *'s. He lost 11 *'s by my count this week, going 2 - 6. So basically he's down almost 20 units the last 2 weeks. Impressive.

I'll readily admit I do enjoy reading his writeups, even though I frequently disagree with him.

And btw, Dr. Bob is absolutely horrid when it comes to the nfl. Someone used to email me his nfl picks/writeups a few years ago, and they were terrible. AFAIK, he's doing poorly with his nfl picks again this year.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM

A buddy of mine bought his picks around week 6 or 7 last year, thus missing his ridiculous hot start to the season. From what I remember he we did ok, won a little overall the remainder of the season, but ,missed out out on the super hot start. You can't argue with his results in cfb year after year. In fact its probably the perfect time to start buying his picks again, maybe the spreads will not go as crazy as they have recently with his below average start. He readily admits his NFL picks are not as successful. In the USA article last year he said he didn't play any of his picks, although I suspect that is just his standard cyoa response to avoiding irs heat. Can't imagine he'd win year after year and avoid making more money.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:31 PM

Not to pick on MT2R, but do you think his statistically significant first 100 picks or his last 128192781624781 breakeven ones are more important?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh well, I'm sure he's not posting any 'wrong-way' picks and then getting the lines 3pts better on the other side of ECU, Troy, Toledo, etc. Right?
Right?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he bets his picks at all, ... But if you can charges thousands for a newsletter... Why bother betting if you think you might be a winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

He could certainly have friends that profit from his line moves, even if he only bets $11/game, no? Heck, even a 10-sec head start on his email would be worth a LOT.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys seriously retarded? It's like the biggest thread in the forum.
Not sure if this is allowed, Performify please delete if you want... http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=515246

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't even know what the [censored] a 'rx' was...so yeah, i guess i'm retarded. however, if you're going to talk [censored] to someone, at least back it up by helping them out, so i'll take the name-calling seeing how you just found me what looks like a huge resource..

thank you sir.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 PM

yeah....therx is great
IMO, the best around
it's just their noise to signal ratio makes 2p2 seem like the clearest place ever
Old 10-01-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah....therx is great
IMO, the best around
it's just their noise to signal ratio makes 2p2 seem like the clearest place ever

[/ QUOTE ]

so i see...this is my home, though! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

but yeah, lots of mid-week reading material it looks like..