Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: The interesting hands I played at the WSOP

cool hands. I thought 1 was a fold, but thinking about it some more this is very very close. English guy probably doesn't bet turn with a FD, so he probably had a gutshot or 2nd pair type hand on the river.

I like your call in 2. Doesn't look like he has much. Did you consider c/r the river? I think that is no good though against most since they aren't valuebetting thin enouhg.

4 I think is the closest. He could be bluffing the backdoor FD, or has straight/two pair/set and realizes that you probably have Qx/JJ/TT/KK/AA. I would say flush 10%, set 25%, straight 15%, two pair 25%, bluff 25%. Well something like that anyways, but I think its a close fold TBH.

5 I hate the fold. This seems like a call, and maybe call river too. Pretty much what curtains said.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: The interesting hands I played at the WSOP

These are some really tricky hands. I'll give it a shot. I haven't read results yet.

1. The way it's played (where you just call pf and then lead on the flop into 2 people), I probably call on the river. If he has AQ or something bigger on the flop, he often raises since the board is so draw heavy. In addition, the c on the end doesn't change much because this guy seems like he would often check behind on the turn with a flush draw.

2. Pretty important which position the guy limped from. I would just fold the river because his line is so strong (it's often something stupid like AA or KK).

3. Fold. It's closer if he did it from the SB, but honestly internet guys call too light vs. a suspected pushbotter/big stack. You have no history.

4. Weird but I fold since EVERYTHING got there and it's really FPSy to thing he might have Jx or Qx that he's turning into a bluff now. Honestly I dislike the turn bet size a lot, I often just move in there.

5. Definitely call. His range is weighted away from Ax since he checked the BB, and Kx often checks the turn. It's Tx or air, and he has air a lot more often than Tx.