Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you have changed your beliefs, has your profession had anything to do with it?
YES 2 8.00%
NO 18 72.00%
I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY BELIEFS 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Stiffing

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling BS on Mbillie. Reason being is I worked for several years at a restaurant that was frequented by many Canadian tourists. Canadians are notoriously bad tippers. I refuse to believe it is Canadian custom to tip on a per drink basis.

In honor of mbillie I'm gonna stiff a random bartender for no reason, within the next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're the bad tipper who started this thread, for all we know you stiffed the canadians on their potatoes or something and that begat the whole stiffing ordeal, maybe it's some deep-seated psychological hurt, your parents stiffed you on your allowance, i could elaborate, etc
Old 11-07-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

This seems like an appropriate place to ask this question.

Good waiter, have had appropriate amount of conversation with him, fun, friendly vibe for everyone.

Check comes and it's $189.55. You leave three hundred dollar bills.

Should he come back with $110 in change or $110.45?

[/ QUOTE ]

its probably been mentioned already but the correct answer is $111. if he feels like making change $110.45 is fine too.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:03 AM

mbillie i have roughly 100 posts yet i would gladly do an OOT survivor with you and i definitely know you are a dumber human being than i am. your posts in this thread are horrible. do we need a poll?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:03 AM

I'm surprised servers are paid 2.15$ or whatever nonsense I've read in this thread, if this is true then I wouldn't do [censored] besides wait tables at the restaurant. Why bother doing preparation and cleanup when you're getting paid 2$ an hour.

Afaik, when I used to work in restaurants, I was paid 6-7$ an hour plus tips. Maybe the laws are different in Canada, but 2.15$ an hour is ridiculous even for a place like Outback or TGI Fridays.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

This seems like an appropriate place to ask this question.

Good waiter, have had appropriate amount of conversation with him, fun, friendly vibe for everyone.

Check comes and it's $189.55. You leave three hundred dollar bills.

Should he come back with $110 in change or $110.45?

[/ QUOTE ]

its probably been mentioned already but the correct answer is $111. if he feels like making change $110.45 is fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i waited tables the threshold for me was a nickel. if the check was .95 cents then i would stiff the table 5 cents when giving change. anything else, i would either make change, or stiff myself.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the alternative is paying more in food costs, and getting very [censored] service.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's not. Prices and wages are reasonable, and service is OK, in countries without retarded tipping culture (which is pretty much the whole western world except the US).

That said, the culture being there in the US, not tipping at all is despicable if service is anything else than horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is limited to the UK and the US, but restaurant service, food and prices are VASTLY superior in the US. Most people in the UK that had traveled here agreed. I assume this is because of our tipping culture. I had some very bad experiences in expensive places in the UK.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mbillie i have roughly 100 posts yet i would gladly do an OOT survivor with you

[/ QUOTE ]

can we make this happen?

[ QUOTE ]
and i definitely know you are a dumber human being than i am. your posts in this thread are horrible. do we need a poll?

[/ QUOTE ]

suck a bag of dicks, etc
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 AM

mbillie - I like you man. But not as much as your mom likes getting stiffed by Boris.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 AM

I just thought of a great idea.
Say you're running a grocery store or something close to a restaurant.

Why not tip them in coupons, only good for buying things at your store?

Then, you could tip more generously, 20% instead of 15%, and you would get more business! The waitstaff would also be happier, because they get bigger tips.

Seems to be a win-win for everyone involved.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised servers are paid 2.15$ or whatever nonsense I've read in this thread, if this is true then I wouldn't do [censored] besides wait tables at the restaurant. Why bother doing preparation and cleanup when you're getting paid 2$ an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if you don't do those things the restaurant will be gross, you'll run out of napkins, everyone will hate you and you'll get fired?