Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 01:51 PM

Default I need to find a major NOW!!!

done with core classes but I don't have a major. Ive done lots of reading and research but I can't find anything I like. I just don't have a passion for anything really. I wouldn't take sociology or communications since I hear those are worthless.

I don't know what to do. I have to sign up for classes but I have no classes to take since I don't know what I want to do. My math skills are very limited (horrible) so this limits my choices a lot. I'm done for [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: I need to find a major NOW!!!

How about some nice psychology?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:23 PM

If you're gonna major in some BS-liberal arts stuff make sure to do something with at least SOME application to the world, like geography, international affairs, political science, etc.

Those at least have good grad school and/or possible job opportunities if you take the right classes.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:54 PM

Comm isn't worthless if you pair it with something else.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
done with core classes but I don't have a major. Ive done lots of reading and research but I can't find anything I like. I just don't have a passion for anything really. I wouldn't take sociology or communications since I hear those are worthless.

I don't know what to do. I have to sign up for classes but I have no classes to take since I don't know what I want to do. My math skills are very limited (horrible) so this limits my choices a lot. I'm done for [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you interested in anything business related? Management/marketing degrees require very, very minimal math skills, though you don't have awesome prospects right out of school. Finance/accounting are a bit more in depth in terms of math, but unless you are at an upper-tier school, the math is still very basic. I guess it depends on how bad your math skills really are - can you handle management calc?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:26 PM

i'd say major in something super easy, if youre still indecisive, and then apply to grad school
Old 05-28-2007, 07:44 PM

Take a semester off and figure it out.

No sense in graduating with a degree in Psychology if you don't know what you want to do or if that degree will apply.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd say major in something super easy, if youre still indecisive, and then apply to grad school

[/ QUOTE ]
I read in these forums that sociology/communications (easy majors that lots of people go for) are worthless. I don't want to waste my time getting a degree that will be worthless. Ill be talking to my career counselor soon and hopefully she helps me out. Math is the only thing that limits me I am in a really low math and every decent major requires calculus/trigonometry etc etc. Why oh why??
Old 05-30-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I read in these forums that sociology/communications (easy majors that lots of people go for) are worthless. I don't want to waste my time getting a degree that will be worthless. Ill be talking to my career counselor soon and hopefully she helps me out. Math is the only thing that limits me I am in a really low math and every decent major requires calculus/trigonometry etc etc. Why oh why??

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't most schools separate business majors into some type of management calculus (easy), instead of "real" calculus?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:58 AM

Take Political Science, get a government job.