Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: CYOA: Vortex

[ QUOTE ]
FMXDA, what do you think of the post from d2 about how Nez said he was sorry he was unable to be around to save Chim from lynch? It was wolfy on so many levels, I cannot even begin to count them. I will quote it if you wish, or you can look for it. It was very early D2. I commented on it almost immediately at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you this one man, it doesn't look good. I'd hope I'd fix that as a wolf, and I probably should've as a villager, but I didn't think much about it when I posted it.

But I've had like 100 posts, and a lot of them have been very good, so don't just look at the one bad one and draw conclusions.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 PM

ok guys as you can see shorty voted sighing

don't know if anyone feels like changing
Old 03-28-2007, 08:55 PM

A wolf has to make sure each of his posts are villagery. If you missed one, well....

A villager does not have that worry.

One post will not make my decision one way or the other, but that one will stick in my mind for a while.

Question- How were you so sure Chim was a villager and needed saving? How were you sure you could save him? Why were you giving an explanation for being away at the critical time. No explanation was asked for. Wolves tend to make excuses before someone asks for them.

I will give the rest of your posts the same weight as any other post, but I am looking at you through wolf-colored glasses at this point.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok guys as you can see shorty voted sighing

don't know if anyone feels like changing

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorty said that his vote would be for the person he wants us to do the opposite of what he recommends. What is Sighing's strategy?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:03 PM

[0] Boiler_bd voted for jaredl
[0] Durron597
[0] Econophile voted for Sighing
[0] fcbl voted for jaredl
[0] fmxda voted for Sighing
<font color="red"> [8] jaredl voted for Sighing </font>
[0] Kyrosmother voted for jaredl
[0] Nez477 voted for jaredl
[0] Shortline99 voted for Sighing
[5] Sighing voted for jaredl
[0] Thebram voted for jaredl
[0] Tiedup14
[0] Voj voted for jaredl
[0] Xoom voted for jaredl
[0] Zurvan voted for Sighing

5 minutes for corrections...
Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 PM

The stranded Battle Hawks didn't know what to make of their new environment. But mercenaries are nothing if not resourceful. Scouts were sent out to determine the defensibility of the area and look for hidden dangers. They still had their food supplies, and one brave soul tasted the sparkling rose-colored water, which he pronounced delicious.

So when the slip of paper giving someone instructions from the Empire was found, indicating that the villains were still among them, the band acted decisively. There can be no messing around when you are in hostile environment.

They hanged JaredL by the neck until he was dead.

He was a Renegade (unpowered Evil aka Evillager).
Old 03-28-2007, 09:32 PM

Stranded in a strange place, the Company did not feel much like doing anything extra this evening.
They slept close together and in shifts, and lightly. Apart from any unknown outside dangers, there were also those who thought the conspiracy must be bigger than just JaredL.

There will be no Group Event tonight. The company is on high alert and under battle conditions.

<u>Individual Vanillager Event</u>

You toss and turn in your bedroll, but sleep eludes you, and you know your guard shift starts in 2 hours. You have a drug that you can take for sleepless nights like this one, but you're not about to risk it in uncertain circumstances like this one.

You decide that you will rise and do some quiet calisthenics. Unfortunately, you get a horrible cramp in your side almost immediately. As you rub it, you hear two men talking in the darkness.

"Yes, that sounds good."

"We agree then."

Do you:

a. Call out: "Hello there, what's going on?"
b. Slip closer so that you can hear more, without alerting them to your presence.
c. Ignore them. Tonight you are worried about yourself and how the heck you are getting back to somewhere that the sky is blue and rabbits aren't orange...with fangs...and huge. That was some scouting report earlier.
d. Lie down and try for sleep one last time.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 PM

CHOICE FORMAT

PLEASE put VORTEX:"x" in the subject line of your choice, so that I can quickly send the result pms.

Thank you.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 AM

Hey guys. We expected the work load to be large for this game but it has proven to be even MORE MONSTEROUS than we ever imagined. We've been working hard to provide everyone with options every night that advances their character. That coupled with Group Day and Night events can get quite hectic! That's why this account is here. In the future, please send all future personal event choices to CYOAPersonalE instead of your regularly scheduled mods. That way we can keep track of all your personal paths a bit better and get them back to you sooner.

<font color="blue">Last nights personal event results might not get to you until tonight But don't worry, we'll get them to you before 9 pm EST so that if you gain any new powers, you'll get to use them before lynch time.</font>

Remember, still PM and IM VR and GT1T with your other concerns. This account is just for the handling of Personal Events. Thanks!

It is still NIGHT
Old 03-29-2007, 09:07 AM

It is morning and you are free from any duties today. The duty roster says you are to cook breakfast for the troop…but nobody has been taking communal meals since the coffee incident. Works for you.

In a moment, though, breakfast is the last thing on your mind. There is a lot of yelling. You grab your knife and go to see what all the commotion is about. You find the body of durron597 on the ground. He was an ordinary mercenary fighter...though perhaps a little wartier than most.

You don't want to be the one to break the news to durron's tentmate, Shortline99. Not with as poorly as he's been feeling of late. But someone has to. So you walk over to the medicinary tent to break the news as gently as possible.

You are spared from your grim task, though. Shortline99 has died. He was The Scout.

It is DAY.

Among you are:

Boiler_bd
Econophile
fcbl
fmxda
Kyrosmother
Nez477
Sighing
Thebram
Tiedup14
Voj