Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars Theme (free]

For me personally and the students I have coached, I have found we do better when we are forced to think about our bets and bet sizing. Programs that predetermine bet sizes for you (again in my experience) tend to lead to "auto-piloting" and mediocre play.

This is obv my opinion, but I would bet that most people play better w/o a pot script.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For me personally and the students I have coached, I have found we do better when we are forced to think about our bets and bet sizing. Programs that predetermine bet sizes for you (again in my experience) tend to lead to "auto-piloting" and mediocre play.

This is obv my opinion, but I would bet that most people play better w/o a pot script.

[/ QUOTE ]

BetPot doesn't do my thinking for me. It just makes the physical act of making the bet less troublesome, which is easier on my wrist and allows me to play more efficiently. I imagine it's the same for most.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BetPot doesn't do my thinking for me. It just makes the physical act of making the bet less troublesome, which is easier on my wrist and allows me to play more efficiently. I imagine it's the same for most.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU for rollz, you w/ bet pot me w/ my wrist?

just kidding; let's end this line of discussion in a themes thread, my fault.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:01 PM

Haha yeah. My roll is not worth taking anyway.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 AM

I suppose for some people, if they always just use some predetermined amount without thinking about it, it could be a (serious) leak. But some of us use BetPot in a way that simply saves time and effort and allows us to better focus on our tables. I have quite a few different %s programmed into BetPot, and if I think it's appropriate (which I often do), I manually enter a number or make a slight change to the number. I just objected to the statement that the use of BetPot is a bad idea, because I really believe it doesn't hurt my game at all (and in fact helps).

Point taken though. Back to themes.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Point taken though. Back to themes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I made my first theme for Stars, and posted it at www.psthemes.com.

Anyone from 2+2 that goes there, and registers in the PSThemes Forum, and then sends me a PM there (my username in the psthemes forum is: fozzy ) - will get a FREE copy sent to them, via the PSThemeShop (FREE). Once I get the PM there, I will place a free order in the ThemeShop for you to pick up. This will allow me to deliver it only to the people that PM me - and not post a free link to something that is otherwise a item for sale.