Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Value bet a 10-6 Razz vs weak ?

Do you value bet the river here? I opted to check here and figured to check call. This player was very loose playing nearly every hand dealt to them.

Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.30 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds

5th Street - (3.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (7.15 BB)
Old 05-03-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Value bet a 10-6 Razz vs weak ?

Uhh you can't check-call here since you're not first to act. It's completely opponent, if you think he'll pay you off with what seems like a clear jack high then bet. A few things that influence whether or not you should bet: opponent's tendency to fire here if he makes a hand, his ability (or lack thereof) to check/raise, likelihood he'll pay you off unimproved, etc.. You get the idea.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:42 PM

Also, if you WERE first to act, then you must check/call.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:31 AM

I spent a minute trying to figure out whose bring-in you raised.

Don't bring it in for a full bet - ever. Even on the rare occasion short-handed where it might be the right play for a hand in isolation, you are giving up too much by limiting your distribution.

In other words, if you bring your best hands in for a full bet, then when you bring-in for the minimum you are announcing you don't have the nuts. Easy to exploit.

I would elaborate more, if I wasn't terribly drunk.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:45 AM

Leave drinking and posting to the professionals. This here's razz. The Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] brought it in for the minimum and then folded. I believe that hero is using an older version of the perverter, in which case he should download the current version.

I would think that the other guy would bet a Nine, wouldn't he? And he's probably calling with a Jack, right? I'm not saying I do it, but I think a bet here just might be right.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I spent a minute trying to figure out whose bring-in you raised.

Don't bring it in for a full bet - ever. Even on the rare occasion short-handed where it might be the right play for a hand in isolation, you are giving up too much by limiting your distribution.

In other words, if you bring your best hands in for a full bet, then when you bring-in for the minimum you are announcing you don't have the nuts. Easy to exploit.

I would elaborate more, if I wasn't terribly drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the hot tip Grapes. Not about bringing in for a completion (I already knew that) but for the fact that you were drunk last night. I happened to be up when you made your post, so I went looking for you on FTP. You weren't around, but apparently a couple other drunken gentlemen were playing 20/40 and they donked off $400 to me in about 30 mins.

Salut!