Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Default home game points system ????

ok so I run a league where we play every wed. night. I get average about 20 give or take a couple people. I give points to the top ten based on the amount of people we have and place of finish. It is $20 entry and take $2 per entry to a final pool of $300. Then the top ten play for the $300 pool in a bounty style. $100 to first $60 to 2nd, and $40 to 3rd with each bounty chip worth $10. Well last week we had 2 people go out on the same hand and that merged the table to create the final table. So we start the final table with 9.

Now my question is should they split the 10th place points or just to the one who started the hand with more chips. There is no money as usually only top 4 get paid. He is bubbling the points at the time, so this would effect that.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: home game points system ????

When two people are eliminated at the same time, the person who started the hand with more chips takes the higher place in rank.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When two people are eliminated at the same time, the person who started the hand with more chips takes the higher place in rank.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2007, 02:43 PM

It doesn't go by who had the better hand in that last hand? Say I lost to trips with a pair of kings and the other guy lost to those same trips, but with a pair of jacks. I've never had to deal with that situation, but if I had I think this is how I would settle it, not that makes it right.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't go by who had the better hand in that last hand? Say I lost to trips with a pair of kings and the other guy lost to those same trips, but with a pair of jacks. I've never had to deal with that situation, but if I had I think this is how I would settle it, not that makes it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten players left- If Player A had one $500 chip and the Kings, Player B has T10k and the Jacks, both all-in against Player C with 15K and the trips..... Player A came in 9th?

If Player A busts out on the first hand, with Kings... then Player B busts out on the second hand, with Jacks.... Player A gets to be 9th, because he busted out with a better hand?

If you didn't know the stack sizes, but you knew they weren't equal... and I told you one player moved all-in, another player with a lesser stack called and then another short stack called behind.... and the first player wins, who would you decide is knocked out "next"?

If you agree that the order of the all-ins don't matter, as far as order of knockout, then you might agree that the ranks of the losing hands don't matter either.

Does that make it a little more clear, as to why it's chip stack and time of bust out, rather than hand quality?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten players left- If Player A had one $500 chip and the Kings, Player B has T10k and the Jacks, both all-in against Player C with 15K and the trips..... Player A came in 9th?

If Player A busts out on the first hand, with Kings... then Player B busts out on the second hand, with Jacks.... Player A gets to be 9th, because he busted out with a better hand?

If you didn't know the stack sizes, but you knew they weren't equal... and I told you one player moved all-in, another player with a lesser stack called and then another short stack called behind.... and the first player wins, who would you decide is knocked out "next"?

If you agree that the order of the all-ins don't matter, as far as order of knockout, then you might agree that the ranks of the losing hands don't matter either.

Does that make it a little more clear, as to why it's chip stack and time of bust out, rather than hand quality?

[/ QUOTE ]

A simple "no" would have sufficed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A simple "no" would have sufficed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think "edjumacashun", not "arrogant dismissal" :P