Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: UFC 75

Meh. I don't think it "doesn't matter." It terms of the final result, Kongo did what he needed to do and immobilized his opponent. But if you fairly want to evaluate Cro Cop's performance, you have to take an injury like that into effect. He looked solid in the first round and just fell flat afterwards.

In addition the the corners of a ring, the octagon is much larger. The effects of the shape of the octagon wouldn't be so immense in a smaller cage.

Which fighters say the cage is little different from a ring? Most fighters I've seen acknowledge it.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. I don't think it "doesn't matter." It terms of the final result, Kongo did what he needed to do and immobilized his opponent. But if you fairly want to evaluate Cro Cop's performance, you have to take an injury like that into effect. He looked solid in the first round and just fell flat afterwards.

In addition the the corners of a ring, the octagon is much larger. The effects of the shape of the octagon wouldn't be so immense in a smaller cage.

Which fighters say the cage is little different from a ring? Most fighters I've seen acknowledge it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess I was initially referring to Crocop, who said cage or ring doesn't matter. And fedor says the same. Truth of the matter is, it is much easier to take someone down in the cage(though it is easier for people to slide back into the cage and get up)... Even if the cage were smaller, I think it'd affect Mirko's style a bit. He seems to have great awareness in the ring and consequently is able to force his opponent into the corner smartly. In the cage, evne if you walk your opponent down, he can easily just step back a lil further from that LHK anyway. At the end of the day, styles do make fights and that's why MMath doesn't work. Factors will affect fighters less and less the more well rounded they become though. Mirko 1-D style was one that could force his opponent into playing his game in the ring, but much less effectve in the cage, IMO. Or if not, he certainly has some practice to do to think about how to exploit the cage and re-adjust his game. (I just think that LHK was so perfect in the ring, and just so hard to land in the cage)

I take the rib into account when evaluating Mirko's performace, I still beleive Mirko was the favorite in that fight and if you look @ the first round it seems to make sense. I just meant i don't take anything away from Kongo's win just because CC's rib was broke. I see BJ's broken rib as different because it was more of a freak accident(oddly i had huge money on a BJ and zero money on CC/Kongo, so I wonder if that affects my outlook).
Old 09-09-2007, 07:06 PM

wtf was up with all those knees to the groin?
Old 09-09-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you see Bisping's face when they announced he won? he was in shock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hamill, was a class act about it though. No protest, just kinda quietly said something like "that's the decision" (couldn't quite make it out) and left the ring. Just seemed like Hamill ran out of gas half way through the second round. If he could fix that, I'd love to see him get some more fights.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's gonna happen when you're 6'4" and try to attack the midsection. No way was it intentional, though I'm surprised BJM didn't deduct a point.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's gonna happen when you're 6'4" and try to attack the midsection. No way was it intentional, though I'm surprised BJM didn't deduct a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, what a bad day for 2+2 that woulda been if big JM did...So now we see that CC prob had a broken rib and no point deducted for INTENSE groin knee's which leads to Kongo's victory...

Also about Hammil Bisping...I instinctively think Hammil shoulda won, but to be honest I think it shoulda either been 30-27 hammil or 29-28 Bisping. If you gave bisping the 2nd round, then those factors would make you give bisping the 3rd round too.

It's just in a ton of other fights we've seen and what I believe the UFC scoring systemt o be comprised of, I think Hammils supposed to get 30/27 way more often than 29/28 bisping.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:46 PM

i will say this, coming in to "born in the usa" is a stroke of genius of a heel move.. although it might've backfired at the end though..
Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i will say this, coming in to "born in the usa" is a stroke of genius of a heel move.. although it might've backfired at the end though..

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, though I think Mayweather's green/white/red trunks and sombrero on Cinco de Mayo against DLH was better.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-10-2007, 02:05 AM

Is that real?