Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Should i get a fake ID to get on American Idol?

just do it.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After that song, when Simon anointed her, it was all over. The wide-base country fans adopted her sweet face and persona immediately, and she was rubber-stamped into top 2 minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she looks like a hot girl who got hit in the face with a shovel.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:20 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this one blows, but here ya go. As usual, I start off kinda shaky and ease into it more as I go on. Apparently, these were all from a night where an Irish girl from the pub was going back to Ireland, and much merriment was had, and many drinks were imbibed by yours truly.

Excuses, azzholes, yadda yadda

Maybe I DO suck.

I Still haven't found what I'm looking for
<a href="ttp://media.putfile.com/She-talks-to-angels" target="_blank">She Talks To Angels</a>
Jealous Again

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldn't make it to hollywood dude, it's nice your friends and family are so supportive though
Old 03-03-2006, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at it this way. There is a lot of potential upside and really pretty much no downside (a little wasted time and travel).

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also can't believe people are telling him not to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-03-2006, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this one blows, but here ya go. As usual, I start off kinda shaky and ease into it more as I go on. Apparently, these were all from a night where an Irish girl from the pub was going back to Ireland, and much merriment was had, and many drinks were imbibed by yours truly.

Maybe I DO suck.

<a href="ttp://media.putfile.com/She-talks-to-angels" target="_blank">She Talks To Angels</a>
Jealous Again

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldn't make it to hollywood dude, it's nice your friends and family are so supportive though

[/ QUOTE ]

i've actually won cheap bar singing contests too...and roger clyne is also my fav songwriter/performer...so you and i have a bit in common. that said, the contest you are considering is not for you. you would audition, they would tell you, "you can sing...but no thanks". there is a reason they choose the people they do...for television ratings. if you think about trying as much as it sounds like you do however - you should.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:54 AM

Daliman you should absolutely do this. You are definitely a good singer so I'm sure you have a decent chance of going deep.

-SmileyEH
Old 03-03-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I DO suck.

Jealous Again

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who as actually worked with professional singers, I can say without a doubt that you at best an average singer. Karaoke fits you perfectly.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look at it this way. There is a lot of potential upside and really pretty much no downside (a little wasted time and travel).

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also can't believe people are telling him not to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the first song the best btw...(Probably as it was the only one I knew)...

GO FOR IT................
Old 03-03-2006, 01:30 PM

Well, thanks for all your responses. Given the tracks I posted, ( the only ones I really have), I have no problem with people saying I sound only like a decent karaoke singer. Personally, as I said, I think they sound like crap. I guess my "hook" would be that I have a pretty good falsetto, and since Leo Sayer is from England, maybe Simon will like it more for that reason,(he may even know him personally?). The song is DEFINITELY an attention getter, so I'd have that going for me, as I don't hear very much falsetto on the show, ( and little good).

As far as me being better than Carrie, you'd have to listen to some of the earier episodes to hear what I mean. I don't blame people for not believing me given the tracks posted though. Carrie is, however, EASILY the least talented AI winner ever, by a wide margin.

Oh, and for those that didn't get it: That's a chest wig. Part of the costume for the contest, ( I won ~$4000). I was going to dress like leo sayer;

But figured no-one would know WTF I was supposed to be dressed as. Since 90% of the time I sing "You make me feel like dancing" I get asked by people to do "another Bee Gees song", I figured the Saturday Night Fever look was the way to go, and at least in that instance, was right.

I will try to get up that DVD rip later tonight, I gotta pick my mom up at the Airport in a bit.

P.S. I could seriously jump like that though.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:46 PM

If you do it do it properly seriously. Take some singing lessons, not that you cant sing, you can hit the notes fine and seem to have a good range. But i'm sure singing lessons with a good teacher would help loads. Also think about who your market would be, and make sure that the judges, esp Simon, can see you have that market potential. Also Simon goes on about how you have to have the X Factor, make sure you have some of that.

Go for it.

Be in it to win it.