Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

Here's my buddy after too many Yager Bombs. He woke up in the front yard like this and somehow drove himself to the hospital. No one's quite sure what happened.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:02 AM

In 7th grade, during vball practice I collided with another player, took a hard elbow to the ribs, then fell flat on my ass bruising my tailbone (maybe more, but I doubt it). For a couple weeks it hurt to breath, laugh, sit, walk, cough, etc.

When I was 4 (parents love telling me this story), I took a pair of plastic kiddie bonoculars and looked thru the wrong end. I apparently ran full speed into our front door. Learned a lesson that day, "when looking thru the wrong end of bonoculars whilst running, things REALLY are closer than they appear".

Another story about the beloved colon.

My friend went 3 wheeling a long time ago. The driver lost control of the RV, crashed and somehow she had a tree branch go up her butt. After multiple surgeries, she's fine and loves talking about her bowel movements.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:05 AM

When I was 12 I was dunking on a lowered basketball rim. I came down from a dunk, the net caught on my two front (permanent) teeth and ripped them out of my mouth. I was rushed to a dentist where he shoved them back into my mouth. After a few root canals they were back to normal.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was trying to cut an orange with a butter knife when I was 6 or so and put the knife through my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was trying to cut an orange with a butter knife when I was 6 or so and put the knife through my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same-ish age, uncle getting married, I was the ring-bearer or something, and along with the groomsmen received my own initial-engraved pocketknife as a gift. Immediately I opened it and destroyed my thumb. Still have the scar today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but he's talking about a butter knife.

I still don't get that. Aren't they like the dullest knife ever with no point or anything? Am I thinking of a different knife that I use on my butter?

A butter knife is pretty much a shorter dinner knife, amirite?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:17 AM

This is the closest thing to it I could find online. Yeah, I guess it's relatively dull compared to most knives, but it still had a pointy tip.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:22 AM

skateboarding. kickflip off a kicker ramp. sack. 2 or 3 stitches. all balls fine.

when i was like 13 or 14, more embarassing than painful, i guess sacks arent very good at healing cuts so i got stitches.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the closest thing to it I could find online. Yeah, I guess it's relatively dull compared to most knives, but it still had a pointy tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you could carry that thing for protection! If a cop frisks you, it's just a butter knife, right?

My butter knives are rounded, 'cause I have no need to stab my butter.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:27 AM

I had just made bacon and was about to pour the grease down the sink when my roommate told me that way bad for the pipes. Being the smart person I am, I decided to pour the sizzling hot grease into a disposable plastic bowl.

The grease ate through the bowl like it was wet toilet paper and just falls all over my leg. Needless to say it sizzled my leg for a good 10 seconds before I was able to start cooling it down with water. Burned the [censored] out of my leg and I still have discoloration on my calf from where it ended up. I couldn't walk normally or wear pants for a long time because it hurt my skin so much.

Luckily for me I had just gotten my first aid training and knew how to properly handle burns, otherwise I'm sure it would have been worse.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was in grade school I went to a daytime computer camp at Framingham State College. A pencil rolled off my desk and I snapped my legs together to catch it in my lap, except I was too slow so I just drove the pencil about 2" into my inner thigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dropped a pencil in the third grade while taking the CATs. I instinctively tried to grab it, it hit the chair eraser side down, and I ended up slamming the "webbing" between my thumb and pointer finger into the tip. The pencil stuck in and I yelled and ran to the nurse. You can still clearly see the color of the graphite under my skin.

I shot myself in the face with my potato gun, luckily the potato missed and I just got pressurized air; resulted in a black eye.