Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: haha busto

wow dude...

scary...
Hopefully this is a test/ learning experience..

I wish you the best of luck on the road back.

Perhaps you should take a long break and rethink things though..
Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 PM

Respectfully, this is not a big deal. He took a shot, was underolled, and lost 45bb. Big whoop. He's an excellent player and should simply stop being upset about what amounts to an error of discipline. The fact that the money was substantial shouldn't really matter. A preflop mistake can cost you money for years without you knowing it.

Deal with the stress however works best for you. That is understandably a hard thing. Correct, move on. You have no reason to stop playing. Get the cash, it's readily available. You just suffer needlessly to dwell on it.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Respectfully, this is not a big deal. He took a shot, was underolled, and lost 45bb. Big whoop. He's an excellent player and should simply stop being upset about what amounts to an error of discipline. The fact that the money was substantial shouldn't really matter. A preflop mistake can cost you money for years without you knowing it.

Deal with the stress however works best for you. That is understandably a hard thing. Correct, move on. You have no reason to stop playing. Get the cash, it's readily available. You just suffer needlessly to dwell on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

While Adam is really mean and to the point, he's spot on. So you had a bad session at a big game. It's not the end of the world.

Everyone here knows you can win, it's a matter staying disciplined and staying within your bankroll parameters.

Seriously, some days, I find a really nice looking 15-30 game on AP, but I'm not going to play that game until I have more online. I will sit in a few 10-20 games that are soft, but I am not going to play 10-20 as my main game until I hit like 20-25K online. That way, this story is never about me.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank god

You are a perfect example of 90% of the "pros" out there. You spend hours discussing the best plays on particular hands and then ignore rule #1 - bankroll management and go bust in a matter of hours. LOL People wonder where the dead money comes from at the higher levels...I think this answers it

Good luck finding a job after burning your bridges

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhh you're corny bro. For real.

Miles, heads-up man. Better you lose 9k now, than when you're multi multi yeah? You'll back bro. Courage.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:11 AM

I'm not trying to be mean. He doesn't need an essay on what went wrong (that is patronizing imo) and I find it unpleasant to dwell at length on it.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:45 AM

Wow, I must've stared at that graph for a good five minutes.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:17 AM

Miles, didn't you say you had a bunch of retirement savings, etc?

If so, this isn't busto.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 AM

Wow, this is shocking to me. You should take a week or two to reflect, deliver some pizzas or something and get your head screwed on straight. I'm sure after you de-tilt, a lot of people on here would be willing to stake you to get you back on your feet. Good luck, bro.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 AM

I started with a 12k breakeven stretch be4 I started booming upwards, I think there was ego involved in your play. Their shoudnt be any ego in poker.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:19 AM

Yes, I lost all my money. The messed up typing was just a way to add humor to the loss, which is far from devastating. I still have a bunch of money saved up, and I have job offers from a ton of companies, but I'm going to try to keep playing poker.

I didn't expect this thread to be/get so long, and I find it entertaining to see all the different types of responses (celiboy ftw lol). It seems that some of you apply your own rules (morals?) to my situation, and then you make judgements, calling it surprising or crazy or stupid or retarded or whatever. I saw it as taking a big shot and knowing I have options if it doesn't work out (get a stake and actually try to win, deposit more, get a job, etc). Admittedly, once I lost a massive pot with like 95% equity on the flop, I semi-tilted off the remaining ~$3k I had online.

You'll probably see me at the big Stars 3/6 game soon, grinding out FPPs for bonus money, lol.

Oh and just to clarify, the graph I posted was from April 21st until the 29th, which is why there are only 9k 5/10 hands on it. Clearly I didn't go on crazy monkey tilt from breaking even for 9k hands. It was like 50k hands, and that wasn't the whole reason I decided to play 100/200. I just felt like going balls out and seeing if I could double my bankroll real quick.