Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Free State Project

[ QUOTE ]
This project is my barometer on whether or not I take a libertarian seriously or not. I first ask if he has signed up for the free state project. If he isn't I can safely say he is just a young single rich white guy who hates paying taxes. If he is then serious discussion can begin because at least they have the courage to stand for their convictions. On the flip side I haven't seen too many AC'ists posting from Somalia so I usually ignore their drivel altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you use the same barometer in deciding whether or not to take a unionist seriously or not? (if he does not move from a non union employer to a union employer rather than advocating unions at his current employment site he is to be discredited as not genuine or worthy of respect???)
Old 11-05-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This project is my barometer on whether or not I take a libertarian seriously or not. I first ask if he has signed up for the free state project. If he isn't I can safely say he is just a young single rich white guy who hates paying taxes. If he is then serious discussion can begin because at least they have the courage to stand for their convictions.

[/ QUOTE ]
What about those of us who understand that the land I currently live on is owned by me and not the government? What about those who don't want to leave there friends or family, or don't have the money to afford a move? God damn you're so full of yourself.
[ QUOTE ]
On the flip side I haven't seen too many AC'ists posting from Somalia

[/ QUOTE ]
You are either being dshonest or just a [censored] idiot if you've been on this board for more then a day and think Somalia is an example of ACism There not mutually exclusive either, I think there's a good chance you're both.
[ QUOTE ]
so I usually ignore their drivel altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the concept that theft is wrong and voluntary transactions are best is nothing but drivel. Your posts on the other hand....
Old 11-05-2006, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about those of us who understand that the land I currently live on is owned by me and not the government?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very serious question: how do you know you own it?

This is a bit of a hijack, I don't want to distract from the FreeState OP -- but this is an important point and I think ACists should explain how they know they own their land at some point in the future.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about those of us who understand that the land I currently live on is owned by me and not the government?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bit of a hijack, I don't want to distract from the FreeState OP -- but this is an important point and I think ACists should explain how they know they own their land at some point in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
I payed for it and someone transferred it to me voluntarily.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive got several bridges I will transfer to you voluntarily. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2006, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive got several bridges I will transfer to you voluntarily. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
heh, not his argument again. The bridge owner might want to seek restitution for this won't he?
Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seek restitution

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He will have the reel deeds. If anyone is going to end up seeking its you, but I wont be found [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how do you know you own it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

---------

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seek restitution

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He will have the reel deeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shake,

TOAFK hit what I'm trying to get at. You know you own it because you have title to it -- you have a deed. Just because you bought something and someone voluntarily transferred it to you doesn't mean you legitimately own it. Consider a piece of stolen art -- or a stolen car -- that you mistakenly buy.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how do you know you own it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

---------

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seek restitution

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He will have the reel deeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shake,

TOAFK hit what I'm trying to get at. You know you own it because you have title to it -- you have a deed. Just because you bought something and someone voluntarily transferred it to you doesn't mean you legitimately own it. Consider a piece of stolen art -- or a stolen car -- that you mistakenly buy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cars and painting are still stolen though, and that's ignoring the fact that government is not the only organization that can create a deed, and I own several things I don't have a deed to, for instance this keyboard I'm using to type right now.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever bought a house?

Who insures the validity of that title? Researches the property, and makes sure who you're buing it from is the actual owner, and indemnifies you from any shenanigans? Hint: it's not the government.