Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Borgata 1/2NL: Tricky turn spot

1/2NL at Borgata on Sunday noon time. My stack is about 700, I've been grinding away at the table for a while and overall playing rather tight. My friend comes over and says we gotta go, so it's my last hand of the session.

Villain in hand has come back from near dead. He originally bought in for 300, then lost a lot of it (don't remember how), then had about 30 at one point, but has slowly come back to about 300 again. He's only shown down JJ twice and I think AKs once. So, fairly tight opponent.

On to the hand..

I have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG. Since it's my last hand, I decide to limp and play (yes, bad poker but w/e). 4 limpers, then BB (villain) makes it 15 to go. I decided to call, as well as all of the limpers. So, there's 6 of us to the flop.

Flop, 6-way, $90 in pot: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Everyone checks.

Turn, 6-way, $90 in pot: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB leads out for 25. I'm thinking his range is probably JJ, AKs, AJs, and maybe AQs or QQ. I didn't think his hand was that strong since he bet so small. Against the aforementioned range, I figured if I raise here, I can take JJ off the hand, raise out higher FDs, and extract value from AKs/AJs. So, I pop him up to 75 total. Everyone folds to villain who says, "you raise? well, i'm all in" for ~170 more.

Do I call here or fold? I was leaning towards a fold since it was my last hand so I didn't want to call and go home even. But, other than that, is this a call or fold? Also, please comment on my flop/turn play.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Borgata 1/2NL: Tricky turn spot

25/75 against QQ/TT/77/55/AKs/AQs/AJs. You're getting 2.4:1 so it's a fold since you need 3:1. By exact math you're losing $27.32 everytime you make this call. Take out 77 and 55 then you're a 27.5/72.5 dog. Easy fold. He needs a much bigger range to make this call.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Borgata 1/2NL Live: Tricky turn spot

Okay, I play fairly loose in all positions in live 1-2, so i don't mind the preflop play at all. However, to play this hand in real bad position (6 way pot, 2nd to act, immediately after preflop raiser) you have to be able to make good post flop decisions.

As for the rest of the hand, its a pretty bad flop for you to try to take control of, so check/fold flop.
Turn, I would almost always smooth call. You can make a case for raising, but I dont think it accomplishes much.
As for whether to call the push, chargers covered this.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Borgata 1/2NL: Tricky turn spot

fold turn....you have 4 players left to act and a very draw heavy board