Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Cbetting AAxx

Preflop raiser with AAxx, 1 caller, with and without position how often should you be cbetting...and what amount. I am new to PLO and am trying to get a better feel for it.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Cbetting AAxx

Very close to 100% in both cases. Only exception might be something like paired rainbow board in position. How much is stylistic, but for a new player, I'd recommend betting full pot on the flop and turn every time there's not a pair or a possible flush on the board.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:45 AM

Agreed. I almost always cbet full pot w/ one opponent.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very close to 100% in both cases. Only exception might be something like paired rainbow board in position. How much is stylistic, but for a new player, I'd recommend betting full pot on the flop and turn every time there's not a pair or a possible flush/straight on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-05-2007, 05:31 AM

Don't raise pf every time with AA, and, make sure you raise a variety of other hands, and raise in a way that's not going to mark you with aces.. AAxx with xx being crap is a mediocre hand, and there's no point in going over board with it.. limp, and mine a set with those..

C-bet close to 100%, unless flop is something like 9JQ with 2 suits you don't have.. Evaluate the texture of the board, and how many, and what kind of opponents you have, and your position..

but I strongly disagree with iggymcfly, about c-betting paired boards, and consider the mid/high draw heavy boards a much greater danger.. but consider which card that's paired tho, your position, and how many opponents again.. imo a paired rainbow board is the best candidate for c-betting, and your opponents will throw their non-trips hands away for a half-pot bet almost every time.. 55J rainbow f.eks, is a premium c-bet board...

I like to mark myself with aces when I don't have it, and not mark myself when I do...

I posted some thoughts about aces and long connectors here:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post11944766
Old 09-05-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I strongly disagree with iggymcfly, about c-betting paired boards, and consider the mid/high draw heavy boards a much greater danger..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Iggy isn't saying don't bet those boards because they are dangerous....
Old 09-05-2007, 09:16 AM

I get that, and probably should've formulated my self a lill different, but my English ain't all that great.. Anyways, I can't see any argument for not c-betting paired boards, when you get to pick it up for a small price, or find out exactly where you stand.. of course K83 rainbow would be a better candidate, but....
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 AM

You find out where you stand if he double barrels for the same price and sometimes he'll fire as a bluff.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 AM

Now what about 3 handed. Everyone checks to you?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:21 AM

you'll pick the pot up far more than 1/3 of the times you do it tho.. cause even tho he has marked him self with aces, he could just as well be holding the paired card, and not many will 2-barrel this without trips, especially in a squeeze 3-way, having the honest player at the end... It happen, and sometimes on a pure bluff, but it's still a profitable play..