Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: $27.60
SB: $16.70
Hero: $24.65

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.85</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.55, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2.55</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10.2</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($22.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $13.6</font>,
Old 09-03-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: 25PLO I spew

I'm not a fan of shoving straight draws where there is a flush draw showing. It really takes a lot away from your hand.

A player with AA and a flush draw wont fold this flop, obviously because he is ahead. However AA without a flush draw will fold to a check raise.

When you have a hand like this and the texture of the flop means that bluffing is less likely to work, you're probably better calling. People just do not ever ever ever fold flush draws.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:14 AM

I like the checkraise, harder to play this hand if you just call. Also you have a pair which gives you some help against flush draws, also a backdoor flush draw.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:36 AM

they may fold with given stacks sizes so there is some fold equity
also hands is sick so i dont like it
Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 AM

I'd just c/c the flop and donk most turn cards (def diamonds, maybe c/c spades, prob donk most everything else)
Old 09-04-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just c/c the flop and donk most turn cards (def diamonds, maybe c/c spades, prob donk most everything else)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably one of the last things I'd do. Donking the turn could just allows him to turn a made hand that might not be able to stand a raise on the flop. It turns our hand from a semi-bluff (if we c/r flop) with decent equity against most ranges into a blind, complete bluff (not complete but our EV drops dramatically against any hand that continues beyond the turn) if we don't hit a spade or straight card on the turn.

SOP is to c/c flop here and c/c turn.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:35 PM

if the turn is the Qc you c/c again? ?? if the turn is a diamond you c/c again? ??
Old 09-04-2007, 05:39 PM

Qc an effective blank, I c/c again.

If it's a diamond it becomes much more player dependent (how aggressive are they on the turn, how often is it the naked Ace, does the bet sizing make sense?, etc.). Without a read I probably c/f to a decent-sized bet.

I'm all for bluffing, but doing it OOP without ANY key cards is silly. Our hand has a lot of value so why destroy it by turning it into a bluff on the turn.

If a spade drops on the turn I can definitely see myself donking or c/r'ing occasionally, but the problem is if we donk and they call and a flush card falls on the turn (spade or diamond), we don't really know where the [censored] we stand.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:17 PM

flop: c/c.. turn: c/c blank or spade, and bet(strong)/fold a diamond...
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of shoving straight draws where there is a flush draw showing. It really takes a lot away from your hand.

A player with AA and a flush draw wont fold this flop, obviously because he is ahead. However AA without a flush draw will fold to a check raise.

When you have a hand like this and the texture of the flop means that bluffing is less likely to work, you're probably better calling. People just do not ever ever ever fold flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA without a flush draw is almost never folding at this stake.. less than 10% I'd say..