Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:41 AM

Default AJ 3bet, raised on flop by loose villain

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $22.65
BB: $3.00
UTG: $3.55
CO: $19.70
BTN: $10.35

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is extremely loose (70+) pf. He has a pfr of 19%.
In a previous hand, Hero had called his button minraise in the sb with ATo. On a flop of AKx, he had minbet (.1), Hero had raised to 1.1, and villain had called. He check called a 3/4 psb, and lead out with 1/4 pot bet on the river. He had AK.

He seems to minraise with hands like AK, but makes legitimate sized raises with hands like TT.

He just lost a hand in which the winner had trips. He doubled up the winner.

Now to the hand.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.15</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.40) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.70</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $9.20</font>....
Old 08-29-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: AJ 3bet, raised on flop by loose villain

Maybe I'm too nitty, I don't like the pf re-raise cause I don't like playing big pots out of position with AJ. But, I'd also like to hear how to play this cause I have seen this situation a few times in my play.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 AM

With such a high VPIP, he is raising a huge amount of his hands here I believe. Raising 19% of the 70% of the hands you play means that you are raising nearly 15% of your hands total (I think this is how its calculated, correct me if I'm wrong). I am a favorite against this range I believe.

Edited to add: This also looks like tilt, because of the pot he just lost and the pot that he lost before that to me.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 AM

3 betting here is super-duper standard against this villain.

Im calling here, [censored] him.

In seriousness im calling here given that you mentioned he slowplayed a big hand earlier and he seems pretty retarded and would get overcommitted with a hand you easily dominate.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 betting here is super-duper standard against this villain.

Im calling here, [censored] him.

In seriousness im calling here given that you mentioned he slowplayed a big hand earlier and he seems pretty retarded and would get overcommitted with a hand you easily dominate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the crux of the decision here, and I think EMC hit on it pretty well. Vs this villain you are going to have to be prepared to call stuff like this, but villains stripes really don't change...in other words, a donk who slowplays big hands doesn't suddenly start stuff like this. I call and expect a hand like A7o or something retarted like that.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With such a high VPIP, he is raising a huge amount of his hands here I believe. Raising 19% of the 70% of the hands you play means that you are raising nearly 15% of your hands total (I think this is how its calculated, correct me if I'm wrong). I am a favorite against this range I believe.

Edited to add: This also looks like tilt, because of the pot he just lost and the pot that he lost before that to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

PFR% is on total hands not only hands played..

As for the hand CALL..Based on previous info of how villain plays monsters..
Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 AM

I'd call and expect something like KT.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:09 AM

easy call, he has A4
Old 08-29-2007, 05:03 AM

Even loose idiots get good hands and make a normal preflop raise with them. Will he really overcommit with any ace here?
I need to know he's raising any ace preflop (19% prf is not likely to contain ANY ace) if he's positionally aware (that would make it more likely he is raising weak aces preflop) and if he likes to bluff big.

It's very marginal and a very big bet... I think I still call, but it's definately not an easy call even against a total retard.