Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Ho Ho Ho - 2007 MTTC Secret Santa

Since Summer no longer posts here very much, I figured I'd step up to run the MTTC Secret Santa thread. It was a good time last year, so let's do it again.

Pretty simple - to participate, PM me your full name and address. Do this by Dec 1, 2007.

On Dec 1, I will randomly pair the participants and PM you the name / address of the individual for whom you are buying a gift.

Please ensure that your gift is sent by Dec 15th, so that it's received by Dec 25th.

We'll set a maximum value of the gift at $50 USD. (I'd use Canadian, but that'd be about $740 US these days...)

Last year we had a rule that cash transfers on sites are NOT acceptable gifts... This is supposed to be fun, people - send something good to your 'elf'. (last year we had some crazy gifts going around - I believe the prosthetic leg was the winner...)

We tried to get a private tourney going last year where we'd open the gifts while playing, but we couldn't nail down a time. If there's interest, we'll coordinate closer to Christmas...

So... Who's in?

OT
Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Ho Ho Ho - 2007 MTTC Secret Santa

As an aside, reading in ATF I see that all PMs will be lost in early December when the transition to the new software happens.

I'll be sure to re-PM people with their Elves after this happens to ensure you have the needed info...

OT
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM

while i can't do this as i'm gonna be too busy/non-stationary, we should definitely make sure that all those that participate are active members of the MTTc. i don't say that to be exclusive or to be a jerk, but just like, we want to make sure there's no grimming, and, i mean, it's more fun to get paired up with someone that you know.

like they don't have to have been here for years, but they should just be kinda recognizable.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while i can't do this as i'm gonna be too busy/non-stationary, we should definitely make sure that all those that participate are active members of the MTTc. i don't say that to be exclusive or to be a jerk, but just like, we want to make sure there's no grimming, and, i mean, it's more fun to get paired up with someone that you know.

like they don't have to have been here for years, but they should just be kinda recognizable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - I'm just not sure how to set the bar... Minimum posts? Regged date? If I don't recognize the name, a known person has to vouch for them?

FYI - last year's thread. Sorry that I didn't make a collage, but Summer's crazy. I'm not...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM

OK - I've had a few people PM me to say that they'd be interested "if they make the cut". (or similar).

We'll make it easy. If you're interested, PM me your name and address. Then post in this thread saying that you're in. I'll regularly post the list of individuals for whom I've received addresses.

If somebody OBJECTS to an individual - based on personal history, or that it's a new account, etc - we'll deal with it.

So realistically speaking, if you're brand new to the forum and haven't participated in anything yet, don't sign up for this. But if you're an MTTC'er - and you know who you are - let's ho ho ho...

OT
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 PM

even recognizable *cough* waffle-crush *cough* members "forget" to send gifts sometimes!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:07 PM

yeah i mean like... i dunno, tons of regulars post in MTTc. its not just the guys who we all look to to learn stuff from, but the guys who are constantly in sweat threads lending support, the guys who are frequent posters in lsMTT, even guys who just 2p2 regs who also like to hang out in MTTc. i don't think it should be some rigorous "cut," i'm just saying that it shouldn't be any dude who happens upon the thread and says he's in.

definitely don't think there should be any reg date/post count thing, as those dont necessarily mean anything in terms of what a person has contributed. i really think that like 99% of the people that would be interested will be in. but there should be at least some "security at the door" to make sure no one gets disappointed in the end.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 PM

im in and stuff. and Im great at buy gifts.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:46 PM

You really think us morans can handle this kind of responsibility?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:47 PM

GogglesClause is my secret santa this year