Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: OK

[ QUOTE ]
Does he really open raise from EP w/5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

its possible--i am not the first to say this but: "the rich are different"; i agree opening UTG with such a hand seems really wierd, yet...
Old 09-19-2007, 01:44 PM

I just call. He'l likely fold without the straight flush when you 4-bet. By calling, you can then show your ace, even if beat, and they'll all think what a wimp you are, and you can use that later on.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:07 PM

The answer is call and it's not close, assuming that villain is a "excellent" post-flop player as OP indicates. Incidentally, this is almost the exact situation Barry Tanenbaum described in a CP column called dangerous river raises way back when. I remember this article so well, because I was the student who submitted the hand!

Incidentally, BT's conclusion (after arguing you should call-down with the A-high flush) was:

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, many of your opponents will make fun of you when you win the pot by simply showing down the nut flush, but you will still have made the proper play and do not need to educate them. Be glad they have the wrong impression of you at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2007, 02:17 PM

what is he expecting you to call the river 3bet with?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 PM

I don't know this guy at all or anything but as far as "what is he expecting you to call the river 3bet with" i would be more inclined to wonder if he thinks he can get you to fold out a decent [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (i.e. bob is raise/folding to a 3-bet)

which is why i call.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he really open raise from EP w/5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I 4 bet then call. I think he has KQ with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

i've opened in EP with 53s a lot more times than i've bet/3bet a K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in this kind of spot.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I 4 bet then call. I think he has KQ with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

i've opened in EP with 53s a lot more times than i've bet/3bet a K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in this kind of spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I've bet/3-bet with Kh here against quite a few online lags. Sometimes even against tags who's style I had misinterpreted.

This hand is really read-dependent and i don't know villain so I have nothing useful to add.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I've bet/3-bet with Kh here against quite a few online lags.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you call a 4bet?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are you raising the river?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are you raising the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't know.