Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Party Backgammon Bonus???

Sorry for the late reply guys, been out all evening.

To confirm, yes, the original backgammon bonus was offered until 7/31/06. The code was PPGAMMON1, and it was splashed all over both Party Poker, and Party Gammon...that's why I didn't think it was odd to not read anything here. If I'd known that this was out of the ordinary, I'd have posted. Sorry, I guess.

To answer another question, yes, it's remarkably easy, and you need virtually no backgammon "know-how" to make an easy $90+. What I did was create a table for a heads-up match for $.50. However, as many of you know, in backgammon you play with a doubling cube. At any point during the match, you or your opponent can take possession of the cube and challenge the other player to double. If they accept, you're now playing for $1.00, and the cube belongs to the person that accepted it. If not, the match is forfeited and you lost your $.50. If the cube-taker then chooses later to "re-double", the opponent can either take the cube and play for $2.00, or forfeit and lose $1.00. That's the gist.

So, when you see a match that says .50(500.00), this means you're playing for an initial $.50, but possibly up to $500.00.

However, if your oppenent tries to double on you, just refuse. Big deal, you lost $.50. But, PartyGammon just treated your game as a $500 wager since TECHNICALLY you COULD have lost $500 that game.

For a $500 deposit, you got a $100 bonus. The wagering requirement were 7x(D+B) or $4200. Playing the way I described above, you can play 9 games and lose a MAXIMUM of $4.50 forfeiting every game, and the $100 bonus is cleared.

I cleared mine, and I did 3 of my friends who weren't interested in doing their own. Incredibly easy money, and I can't wait until they offer it again...which brings me back to my original post.

The last bonus, you obviously knew people were clearing these bonuses using this method because you saw a ton of games that were $.50(500.00). As soon as the bonus was over on August 1st, the games went back to their normal rates. Today, the 500.00 games spiked BIG TIME...that's why I thought another bonus must be offered, but I never got anything...wondering if anyone else did.

Damn this is long. Hope that helped.

KH
Old 08-09-2006, 05:07 PM

So how long does it take to start a game, get to your turn, double, then complete the wrap-up? If you wanted to, say, take fifty cents at a time from all the bonus whores, how many wins could you rack up in an hour? Assuming hypothetically that everyone offering a .50(500) game would automatically refuse your immediate double attempt...
Old 08-09-2006, 07:26 PM

That's kind of a difficult question. For me, I enjoy Backgammon, and I'm still playing to win. If I feel I've got a significant edge in game, I'll still use the cube even if I'm clearing a bonus. So I'm still playing the game pretty much like normal.

As far as how everyone else plays, who knows. But, on average, most games take around 8-10 minutes. Hope this helps.

KH
Old 08-09-2006, 08:01 PM

3$/12$ means that you play for 3$ pr point up to a maximum of 12$ (4points) pr. game. The initial bonus cleared at 7 X (d+B), but its the maximum that counts towards wagering req. Maximum can be set as hig as 50x the pointstake, wich makes the bonus very easy.