Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: 10/25 tough river spot with JJ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok so I learned to stay away from Boy.

to people in flop 3 bet camp, 140 bb really? only way to feel good about it is if he calls my 3bet with a draw, and bets a blank turn when checked to. I don't think he makes that kind of mistake too often for me to justify stacking of with JJ on that board with 140bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think he has you beat here with the small flop raise very often? I think its very infrequent but everyone says he is really tough so idk

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm beat here very often after his flop raise, but when I choose to 3 bet in this spot, I feel like it'll force me to a spot where he can avoid making big mistakes, while putting me on the other plain.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:08 AM

i'd be worried about Axss... ugh that small flop raise is sooo weird... i'd lean towards a call, meh at the very least you'd get to see his hand
Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 PM

Any thoughts on calling raise on flop - leading turn and folding to raise? Its unlikely he's got an 8 since he raised you pre, and the range I play I could easily have an 8 - this way you can at least slow the action down. If river comes blank you can check and maybe get aa/kk/qq to check behind you and I find it unlikely he would bluff the river after I check to him (I would check monsters here a lot to let missed draws hang themselves) - generally just might tax draws/make your decisions easier/force him to make a mistake. Not sure this is my favorite line but worth some discussion.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:09 PM

i definitely would have no problem getting it in vs boy here as I think 88/99 type hands he definitely 3bets at least vs me. It looks he has some sort of combo draw here like T9ss, JTss, etc more than a 33 type hand.

If he does happen to have those combo draw type hands I know he is 100% going to follow up the turn and river. So as played, I definitely snap call if I'm going to play my hand this way because he is definitely capable of bluffing in this spot. If he does have an Ax of spades hand, kudos to him for value betting. I mean he can definitely have 33 here but from my experience with him he definitely has moves moves moves, I snapcall.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:33 PM

I agree w/ jmx, seems like 33, Ax or combo draw. Lots of combo draws to pick off, it's hard to say how many Ax combos he has here w/out knowing him at all though
Old 10-28-2007, 03:26 PM

I'm really surprised that only a few people have said 3-bet the flop... I stack off.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:32 PM

upon reading the threads about how tough boy is, then i dont see why op is'nt check pushing the turn.

if boy is so tough, then he is totally capable of betting a draw in this spot.

check push the turn. if your wrong, then your wrong.......but i dont think that would make you exploitable in the long run.