Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: ez river fold with flush? 25/50/100 Live game

my friend had some pretty good thoughts here (he plays in these games)...

Live poker guy (12:01:14 PM): im reading your 2+2 post;
Live poker guy (12:01:21 PM): im surprised everyone thinks its an insta call
dlpnyc21 (12:02:50 PM): what hand do you put him on that both mini raises turn
dlpnyc21 (12:03:10 PM): and then shoves pot on river?
Live poker guy (12:03:22 PM): and smoothes flop
dlpnyc21 (12:03:43 PM): he is v. v. v. rarely smooothing that flop with a set
dlpnyc21 (12:04:45 PM): plus why th fk would a set mini raise after flush gets there
Live poker guy (12:06:23 PM): yeah
Live poker guy (12:06:50 PM): i think ummm...with live play, straightforward logic makes more sense
Live poker guy (12:06:52 PM): for the most part
Live poker guy (12:07:12 PM): but in most hsnl hands, it'd be an instacalll, b/c most ppl would bluff like this
dlpnyc21 (12:07:14 PM): so what is the more straight forward logic?
Live poker guy (12:07:28 PM): whereas happens a lot less live, partly b/c deepstacked, partly b/c it's harder to bluff that way live
Live poker guy (12:07:33 PM): welll, straightforward is what you just aid
Live poker guy (12:07:34 PM): said
Live poker guy (12:07:36 PM): that two pair
Live poker guy (12:07:36 PM): set
Live poker guy (12:07:40 PM): don't smooth a flush board flop
Live poker guy (12:07:43 PM): then when the heart comes
Live poker guy (12:07:44 PM): dont' miniraise
Live poker guy (12:07:49 PM): the turn
Live poker guy (12:07:59 PM): the straightforward logic is, smooth flop with draw
Live poker guy (12:08:08 PM): hit turn, minraise so a set/2per/tptk+heart call
Live poker guy (12:08:14 PM): and to make them pay to draw and build pot for river shove
dlpnyc21 (12:08:20 PM): yeahh...
Live poker guy (12:08:21 PM): then when river comes, after you've called, shove and pray you call
dlpnyc21 (12:08:26 PM): that's a good point
dlpnyc21 (12:08:50 PM): actually jason said that in his post
dlpnyc21 (12:08:56 PM): straightforward play is best
dlpnyc21 (12:09:31 PM): btw i think u are 100% right
Live poker guy (12:09:40 PM): his post is hialrious
Live poker guy (12:09:41 PM): haha
Live poker guy (12:10:12 PM): how is the 10-20 game at commerce?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: results

[/ QUOTE ]
??? i dont understand the sigh part.. U made the right fold that time even though it might be the wrong fold in the long run???

[/ QUOTE ]

What don't you understand? Making good decisions in the long run isn't what I should be striving for? As far as 2p2 is concerned, it was an insta-insta river call because he could have a set or two pair or an 8 high flush given the way the hand was played plus history.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:26 PM

If the villain only raises the turn on either a flush or a bluff in the type of game you have been playing in I think thats bad.

And you shouldnt only be betting the turn with high flushes and bluffs. If thats the case and I were the villain I would be bluff raising here all day.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Artie=Akula from PS, right?

Anyway, these types of posts are really repetitive man.

Gaucho's posting formula:

Step one: Detailed background, what color the guys shirts are, what they ate for dinner two weeks ago, boxers or briefs, etc.

Step two: Proceeding hands. These are either: someone bluffed off all their chips to me, or I got cold decked/bad beat.

Step three: Tell the hand story and make it so incredibly clear what the answer should be by the tone of the hand. This post is an exception, because it includes results, but typically it is something like "I was in a game, one dollar, two dollar no limit. First villain straddles for 200, next one opens for 4k, I call with T8o in the button. Do not question preflop play please. We are 20k deep (live games play v deep!). Flop comes AK8. He bets flop 4k, I float. Turn comes 8. Villain scratches his left nutsack which is a clear indication he is not bluffing. He pushes for 12k...

What do I do?"

The responses are either witty, like when LA poker asked you for a more information, or they are good players that say "jesus I heard from everyone this gaucho kid is really good but WTF is this ridic post", and make some sort of post.

The bottom line is this.... You play in ridiculously good games. You usually just need to have patience and an incredibly basic understanding of no-limit, with the occasional whacky move to keep the gamblers interested in your action. You tell a pretty good story though.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this post is awesome.

i folded, and he showed k4hh. I guess people are right that he could have been value betting a set or two pair, or even aq this way. it should have been a call.

sigh...

[/ QUOTE ]

This almost makes it seem more like a thinly veiled brag? I think Flynn hit it on the money: you made a sick live read. You must have picked up something else, even if you can't put it into words. Obviously we strive for correct decisions over correct results, but we also strive to make the correct decision in each individual hand vs. "making the decision you should make in a situation like this." You succeeded here.

Villain played it bad with the turn minraise, but that's cause he didn't put you on a flush.

+1 for a well
Old 09-30-2007, 02:38 PM

I don't think you did enough in your OP to state what a ridiculous overaggro bluff-monkey Arte is which makes this river a call because even if he never minraises a set here he's bluffing way more than other people
Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 AM

strassa posts are still the best, always....