Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: 25-50 6 max deep stacks on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel, it would be really great if you get Stars to get rid of the Empty Seat boxes in the "No Images" themes. There's really no clean way to mod this on the user end. It's very difficult to quickly tell how many players are seated when playing 6+ tables because the Empty Seat markers look too much like player boxes.

All Stars would need to do is make the cash player boxes work like the tourneys.

In a SNG, when players leave their boxes disappear. That's also the way it's done in cash games at many sites. It would be great if Stars could start doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup i second this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I third this

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, this used to be possible (and was much requested and a standard feature of several mods I and others posted on this site).

Intentional or not, a Stars update about a year ago (the one that changed these "Empty Seat" placeholders from graphics to fonts) nerfed this ability of us modders.

Encryption of the GX.INI file then made it totally impossible to do anything about it, for no possible reason [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 PM

Yo danny,

A new request you havent heard, how bout for the stud games, particulary stud8 or better, you get games with bigger antes equal to the bring in

THANKS
Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 PM

Rakeback yo
Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 AM

BADUGI - Half-Pot Limit

Half-Pot Limit or Pot Limit Razz/Stud while your programmers code the Badugi game?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 12:10 AM

Daniel,

Thanks for posting.

See if you can get mid-high NLHE/PLO cash games with an ante. I'd love to play in those.

Oh, and get them to offer Chinese poker high with royalties and Chinese poker with deuce. No major site has it, and plenty of people want to play it. The programming is simple.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, like ANSKY said, this is a golden opportunity to help make changes. Anyone who doesn't play as high as 25/50 please do not comment, because your clogging a very valuable opportunity for the site to cator to its true clientelle. The extra rake at the higher levels makes up for the fact that there may be less players there, and lower limit players on the site come and go, but the 100/200 guys remain a steady stream of income. Thanks Ansky for calling out all the "railbirds and retards," suggesting things like Chinese poker, Badugi, or ideas for contributions to charity, because none of us wants to waste these ideas when we could have deepstacked heads up 100/200 tables instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't. that's just ridiculous. i have no idea how many people in this posting requests in this thread are grinders or even actually play alot, but you def. don't have to be a 25/50+ player to be "true clientel." there are plenty of 1/2-5/10 and 10/20 players who contribute WAY more rake to PStars.

and as far as people suggesting Badugi, and other games like that, good for them. some of you may have forgotten, but it's possible (and some people, much like myself) make a living playing poker through games other than NLHE. adding more games for weak players to play just adds another game i can play to pay my rent.

keep your stupid posts to yourself, maybe type them in notepad or something and read them alone sometime when you're bored.

i agree w/ ansky to keep the way-too-far-out-there options out of the thread like Progimento's (which i'm sure was a joke, and it did make me lol because he's obv. a good player that contributes big rake). but there are good suggestions to be offered other than what to do about the NLHE tables.

thanks again daniel.

oh, and count me in for the suggestion to add more mid-level mixed games. it sucks having to either play either 30/60 or 500/1000 H.O.R.S.E
Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 AM

I'm sure this would go right to the back of your list if it made it at all but... I really wish the private tournament feature had more options. Why can't we make a no limit or even pot limit 7 Card Stud tournament? Why can't we alter the payouts at all (like winner take all)? Why no 5CD or 2-7TD? Customizable mixed game private tourneys would also be great, but that might be pushing it. Also private cashgames would be nice. Never understood why sites don't offer those.

And like others have requested, I'd like to see just about every major poker game there is spread. Badugi, 5 Card Stud, Kansas City lowball, A-5 Triple Draw, Chinese poker, Pineapple, Crazy Pineapple, Royal Hold 'em, etc...

I mean, why not?
Old 09-26-2007, 01:09 AM

I think pineapple/ crazy pineapple could be the next big game. I don't understand why it isn't so popular.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pineapple/ crazy pineapple could be the next big game. I don't understand why it isn't so popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not hear what bustowithnobra said?

"Anyone who doesn't play as high as 25/50 please do not comment, because your clogging a very valuable opportunity for the site to cator to its true clientelle."

We don't need crazy suggestions from railtards like you.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, like ANSKY said, this is a golden opportunity to help make changes. Anyone who doesn't play as high as 25/50 please do not comment, because your clogging a very valuable opportunity for the site to cator to its true clientelle. The extra rake at the higher levels makes up for the fact that there may be less players there, and lower limit players on the site come and go, but the 100/200 guys remain a steady stream of income. Thanks Ansky for calling out all the "railbirds and retards," suggesting things like Chinese poker, Badugi, or ideas for contributions to charity, because none of us wants to waste these ideas when we could have deepstacked heads up 100/200 tables instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with ansky.

although you seem like a complete [censored]