Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Crazy Future Theories..

Inspired from a reply by ExaMeter about the implied mass murder of the poor, and some discussions that have came of late.

I'm curious what are some peoples "logical" but crazy predictions of the future.

Mine is that eventually mass employers like Wal-mart will incorporate some form of barracks living for their lower end employee's.

I think as the cost of living and min. wage gap increases eventually some form of departamentalized housing may develope as an employee "benifit". Considering Wal-Mart's land buying practices (the Wal-mart Mile) is it a far strech to see a dormitory on top of the store or nearby?

I'd be curious about other people's predictions.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Crazy Future Theories..

[ QUOTE ]
Mine is that eventually mass employers like Wal-mart will incorporate some form of barracks living for their lower end employee's.

[/ QUOTE ] WHOAH, WHERE DID YOU THINK UP THIS MASSIVE DEVELOPMENT?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WHOAH, WHERE DID YOU THINK UP THIS MASSIVE DEVELOPMENT?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been before--Company stores and Company towns. Not a new idea, but like everything it may become in vogue again.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:05 AM

China will actively encourage homosexuality in an attempt to control population.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:10 AM

2 words.

Rocket Skateboards.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:59 AM

The moon would make a great penal colony. The prisoners wouldn't be able to return to earth because their bodies and hearts would be too weakened for them to survive.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
China will actively encourage homosexuality in an attempt to control population.

[/ QUOTE ]

cf Burgess, Anthony "The Wanting Seed", 1962. wiki
Old 10-09-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cf Burgess, Anthony "The Wanting Seed", 1962. wiki

[/ QUOTE ] "It's sapiens to be h0m0." Hilarious.

Stupid filter.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:45 AM

I think that someday (when computers are able to replace people entirely) a version of Frank Herbert's Butlerian Jihad is likely.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that someday (when computers are able to replace people entirely) a version of Frank Herbert's Butlerian Jihad is likely.

[/ QUOTE ]
interesting

logical if considering this: Kurzweil: Singularity

i personally think Kurzweil is off a little with his timeframe since he assumes pretty much perfect conditions and doesnt consider groth slowing developments like huge wars or other internatinal crises which would slow down economic growth and thus slow down in scientific developements.
in general hes pretty spot-on i guess since i cant see why ai and the recourses needed (ever increasing computing power, new concepts for cpus quantum computing) wont be developed in the near (~30-80 years) future.

mankind fighting its own extinction as in destroying too powerfull computers and software etc is a pretty logical step.

eugenics/ population control:

drastic steps towards population control will definitely be made. i cant recall corectly but i once read an article stating that our planet would be perfect for a population of 100 mil to 1 bil since higher lifestyle needs more recourses thus not leaving enough for everybody.
eugenics might be the way to go since the powerful part of earths population is numbing down as i said in the "express lane discrimination" thread

wars for resources/ power:

huge wars destroying mankind is definitely possible since russia and china gain power at an exponential rate these days and will be able do destroy the us economy in the near future. their military power will get closer to the us' power and the us will not hesitate nuking its foes if its economic wealth is threatend (the only logical explanation for the abslodicrously large military budget, lolol at spending 1bil+ per day to fight terrorism).
i guess the american leaders (who ever they may be) are well aware that theyll get into huge economic troubles if they maintain their spending habbits and thus investing enormously in military to just take what they need once theyre economy collapses.
with recent developments in genetics ( Venter creates artificial chromosome ) it might be possible to clear all environmental polution. i guess it might become popular to create something that cleans the air of nuclear polution thus lowering the mental barrier to use nukes.
the problem is that they might all do it at the same time (mutual destruction) and do it so fast that there will be no one left to start the cleaning thingees (whatever itll be)

k enough on this

americans please stop being ignorant (dont take it personally you get brainwashed to be like this) and start questioning if whats good for you is really the best for you as it might lead to everybodys annihilation

another problem with china and russia is that state propaganda is putting supremist thoughts into their heads just as brutally as the us' which leads to too many people on this planet thinking they are better and have more rights than others